Chapter 6

Chapter 6

**

Chase

Today's hot topic of school was how Chloe slapped Jeff in front of everyone. A nerd had guts to hit a jock.

"Never knew she would hit him, man," Jason said. Jason was never a person to talk. That's what Alec and Ryan told me. Apparently, he only talks among us.

From what I know, she wasn't always the way she is now; quiet and shy. When I met her back in New York, she was so outspoken and talkative.

The first time I saw her was when she came to New York for vacation with her family. She was so cute, a bit loud, yet loving. I thought that would be the last time we meet, but I never expected to see her again. And now she is here with me, going to the same school as me and living next to me as my neighbour. I never expected that. But from what I can see, she has definitely changed and not for good. Something is definitely off about her.

A big clue is, whenever I talk about Emma, she just refuses to acknowledge it. Leah and Laura don't even know about her. Aren't they all best friends or something?

"Earth to Chase," Ryan called, shaking his hand in front of my face. "Are you coming?" He asked.

"Where to?" I asked, looking at them. They gave me a weird look.

"We decided to hang at your place during lunch. You remember, don't you?" Alec asked, raising his eyebrow. Oh! Yeah, we decided. I guess I just spaced out.

"Yeah...yeah right, sorry. I just spaced out." I said as we walked towards my car. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Chloe standing there with some guy.

"It's fine. Shit happens," Ryan said. But I wasn't paying attention to his words. He followed my line of vision and coughed. I looked at him as he smirked at me. I raised an eyebrow at that.

"What?" I narrowed my eyes at him. Why do I have a feeling that he is thinking something? And that it can't be something good.

His smirk grew as he shook his head. "Nothing." With that he went to his car, Jason right behind him.

I went to my car with Alec, who was eyeing me with skeptical look. Am I missing something? I shrugged and started driving while listening to Alec rambling about Megan, how hot she is. I sighed. I know she is hot. I've already talked to her once. She is hot, but when she starts talking, she won't stop.

As soon as we reached my place, I parked my car in the driveway. I opened my door and got out as Alec got out of the passenger seat. I locked the car behind me as we all went in.

Just as we entered, we were hit by a strong smell of coffee. I followed the scent to the kitchen and saw my Mom making coffee. I silently went behind her and whispered near her ears, "I'm back."

She jumped and quickly turned around, hitting me with the big spoon that was beside her.

"Ow, ow, ow! Stop Mom, it's me," I grumbled, but she didn't seem to be listening. I took hold of the spoon and snatched it from her hands. The boys were laughing so hard that tears rolled down their eyes.

"Th-that w-wa-s hilarious," Ryan said between his laughs. I glared at him which made him laugh even more.

Mom looked at me, ready to kill. "You scared me. Don't scare me next time or no dinner for you." She stated and looked away, slightly pouting.

I threw my hands up in surrender. "Sorry, won't happen again." I kissed her cheeks and looked at my friends still laughing.

"Quit it, guys. I'm going to take a shower and change. You all go down the basement; the video games are all connected. I'll be back soon." I said, after introducing them to my mother.