Chapter 9

Chapter 9

**

I woke up with sweat covering my forehead. What did I expect? Getting up and feeling like I'm the Queen of the world? Of course, not. Feeling frustrated with myself, I pulled at my hair strands. I want to sleep, but the nightmares won't let me.

I lay on the bed and turned to my right side, clutching my bed covers upto my chin and curled into a ball. I sobbed continuously, my body shaking uncontrollably. I don't know when will this end. Usually the nightmares aren't for a long time, but one may never know. Eventually, sleep came over and pulled me in the darkness.

I woke up again, but luckily not because of another nightmare. This was a dreamless sleep. I paddled to my bathroom and got ready for school. I took my time so that I don't have to face my family, but I can't ignore them for long knowing that they are right.

I sighed and went downstairs. Just as I was about to cross the hallway that connects with the kitchen and staircase, my parents come out of the kitchen. They sat on the dining table and looked at me.

"Chloe, can we talk?" Mom asked. Guess there is no going back.

"Yeah. I want to talk too," I mumbled and looked at my feet. I guess I should say it. I looked up at them as they glanced at each other.

"I'm sorry." We all said in unison. We exchanged confused looks.

"Why are you sorry?" Again we said together. I chuckled.

"I'm sorry for lashing out on you guys. I know you are trying to help me and I should be happy about it. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm really sorry." I gave them an apologetic smile, hoping they would forgive me.

"You are not the only one who is wrong. We were forcing you to talk which was wrong from our side. I knew you would eventually talk to us," she smiled at me. "I knew you won't be angry with us for long."

I laughed along with Dad. I looked at him. "I'm really sorry, Dad. I shouldn't have snapped at you." I went to him and gave him a tight hug.

"I love you, kiddo. Don't ever forget that," he said sternly. I gave him a smile.

"Now off you go. Don't you have school to attend?" Mom shooed me away, waving her hand frantically in front of her. I rolled my eyes at her as she looked away from me and eyed the food in front of her. Like mother like daughter.

I laughed and headed towards the door as I grabbed my car keys. I unlocked door and was about to slide in, when I heard another door closing behind me. I turned around and saw Chase coming out of his house.

He wore a white t-shirt that clings to his body perfectly and black pants paired with black shoes. He had shades covering his eyes and his blackish brown hair was pushed back in a messy look. He looked damn hot, but he doesn't need to know. He twirled the car keys in his hands as he played with him.

Suddenly, my phone beeped loud enough for me to snap out of my process of checking him. I unlocked my phone and saw that I had a message from Ashley,

You better come to school today or else I'll hunt you down.

I snickered at this. Ashley, Ashley when will you stop being so childish. I almost laughed at her sloppy little threat.

"Morning, sunshine." I heard Chase say as he neared his car.

"Morning," I greeted him. He nodded at me in response. Without another word, we entered our cars and went to school.

I gripped my hand on the steering wheel while replying Ashley. Rolling my eyes I replied,