Chapter 16

Chapter 16

**

"Evan," I whispered. I haven't seen him in a very long time. I quickly wiped the tear that had fallen before Chase could see it.

"How are you? Haven't seen you in a while?" He asked, shoving his hands in his pocket. He was younger than me by two years.

"Yeah. I stopped coming here after, well you know," I muttered, not being able to look at him. I glanced at Chase who was looking at us in confusion. "Um.. Chase, this is Evan. Evan, this is my friend Chase," I introduce them.

Chase and Evan shook hands and smiled at each other. It was silent for a while, before I decided to break it.

"Evan, were you..were you able to move–" I looked at him with tears in my eyes. I blinked back a few times.

"No," he whispered to himself, but enough for me to hear. "I couldn't do it." His voice broke at the end of the sentence.

Evan was Emma's age. They were best friends until they realized their feeling for each other. Evan asked her out one day and took her out on a date. You should have seen her that day, she was so happy when she came home, all giggling and blushing. She was so happy.

Evan was blonde hair boy with blue eyes. A typical golden boy. He was sweet, a gentleman. He had a straight nose and high cheek bone. He was a bit built, but after Emma, he started losing weight, but still good looking. He wasn't from our school, but what I've heard from Emma, it looks like he was quite popular. After the incident, Evan became distant. I always felt that it was my fault. I could have done something.

"I'm sorry. It's all my fault. I'm the reas–" I was cut off by Evan, who was shaking his head.

"No, it's not. You would have done the same thing." He argued. I sighed; of course he would think that.

I took a step closer to him and tightly hugged him. My arms went around his neck. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me back.

"You know she loved you right? She always does and always will," I whispered in his ears. He only tightened his grip.

We broke apart a few minutes later. I gave him a sad smile while he nodded his head.

"I know," he replied and turned around. He walked out of the park, leaving me with Chase.

I turned to look at Chase who had an unreadable expression. "Sorry about that," I muttered and scratched my neck.

"It's fine. Want to talk about it?" He asked.

"I rather not." I sighed and shook my head. I looked at him with pleading eyes, because I knew he wanted to know what's going on.

He hesitated, but gave in. "Fine. Let's go back home. I have to get you ready for the exam. Wouldn't want the nerd to fail, would we?" he said, trying to lighten the mood. I grinned at his attempt.

"Yeah, let's go." Leave it to him to make anyone happy.

We headed back home. I told him I'll meet him at his place and went to bring my books. He told me to jump from my window, but I declined. I'm too young to die, even though, there isn't much of a distance between them.

I grabbed my books and went to his house. He taught me the laws and all that scary stuffs, while I tried to listen and understand them. I have to tell you, he indeed is smart in physics.

**

"Oh my God! That was easy. Never would I have ever thought that these words will come out of my mouth," I said and grinned at Chase, who grinned back at me.