Chapter 25

Chapter 25

**

"W-what?" I stuttered. I looked at Liam and my face paled. Liam looked at me and narrowed his eyes. He took the phone from my hand, answering himself.

"Hello?" He called through my phone. When he got the reply, his face turned red in anger. He covers the speaking area and looks at Chase. "Chase? Take Chloe to her room," he ordered.

Chase looked baffled, but took my hand and led me towards my room. I looked back at Liam, who was glaring at the table in front of him.

Chase brought me to my room and closed the door behind him I sat on my bed, thinking. Can life get any worse? Why call now? What does he want now?

"Chloe?" Chase called.

"Yes?" I asked, clearing my head.

"Who's on the phone? Who called you?" He asked, curiously.

I sighed and shook my head. "You don't want to know."

"I do. Tell me, who is it?"

"He's the person who helped mom get me," I said. Wait...never mind.

"I don't understand," he said, scratching the back of his head.

"He's my father," I said, nonchalantly.

"What?" He said, confused.

"John is not my real dad. My real father left me long back." I shrugged as if I don't care. But in reality, it hurts.

Chase gasped at what I said. "What? But I thought..." He trailed.

"It's a story for later," I said. I can't handle everything together. Have mercy on me, God.

"Okay," he replied. I know he's confused, but I can't help it. It's not the right time.

We waited for some time for Liam to come up. No one uttered a word. We were lost in our own thoughts that we didn't hear the door open.

"Hey," Liam softly called. I looked at him and blinked. He sighed and came near me. "Don't worry. I warned him not to contact you."

"Will he listen?" I asked, doubtfully.

"I don't think so," he muttered. He rubbed his forehead and glanced at Chase. "Thanks, man. You truly helped us a lot." He did a man shake with him. Chase smiled back.

"I'll talk to you later, Chloe." I nodded and he left.

"You know, it's only my second day and all the drama have already begun," Liam suddenly said. If you think about it....

"You were suppose to come today and not yesterday? Why are you early, not that I am not happy, but still?" I asked, curiously.

He smirked at me. "I know that man. I knew he would call you because he has been trying to call me since the letter."

"That's why you came early." I said more to myself. Now I'm understand everything. "Does that mean he'll try to meet us in person?"

"Yeah he probably is going to. I'm sure about that," he said, looking at me. "It's going to be soon."

I bit my lips. I don't want to talk to him. Liam must have seen my uneasy look. "Don't worry. I won't let him near you," he assured me.

Little did I knew, that it's just the beginning of my problems. There's a storm to come.

**

The next day was quite eventful. Today Chase decided that I should ride school with him. And to my surprise, Liam didn't object him.