Chapter 23

Chapter 23

**

"Liam?"

"Well, if it isn't my Inno?" Liam said, grinning. I couldn't control my excitement. I ran towards him and jumped on him for a hug. He stumbled back a little, but laughed. "I miss you too."

"Damn right. I'm so happy to see you back. You have to come home more often, Liam," I said, nuzzled my face in his neck.

"Me too, Inno. Me too," he said and hugged me tightly. It's rare for him to come home, since his college is far away from home.

"Yeah, I agree with Chloe, Liam. You don't come home. You don't know how much we miss you, but most importantly Chloe. She needs you now," Mom said as she and Dad entered the living room. I was still in Liam's arm. When Mom and Dad came, Liam gave each of them a hug with me by his side.

"How are you Mom?"

"Fine, baby," Mom cooed.

"I'm not a baby," he grumbled. I giggled.

"How are you Dad?" Liam asked and hugged him too.

"Everything's great." Dad patted Liam's back. He grinned at him. He came back to me and hugged me, again. I laughed and hugged him back.

"Want me to help you settle in your room?" I offered to help him. He nodded. "But I want my gift first."

"Yes, Ma'am. Your chocolates await." He said and tipped his imaginary hat and bowed down. I laughed at his behavior. Same old Liam.

We climbed up to his old room. Nothing changed, it was same as before. We entered and he placed his bag on the bed and zipped it open. I helped him unpack while we talked.

"Want to tell me," he began and stopped what he was doing. He took my hand and made me sit next to him, "What happened the other night."

I sighed and locked my hands together. "Liam, I-I went to this party and.." I told him everything that happened in that party minus Chase's part. I haven't talked about Chase with Liam because I know once he'll come to know what he said in party, he'll kill him.

"I'm going to kill that, bastard. What does he think of himself? Once I find out about that..that. Urgh!" He stomped frustrated. That's why I didn't want to tell him about Chase.

"Liam, cool down. Chase already did that- beating him for me. Broke his nose and jaws," I said and shrugged.

"Chase?"

Oh shit! Just now I said I won't tell him and I opened my mouth.

"I didn't say Chase. I said my friends chased him and broke his nose," I said and chuckled nervously. Please believe me.

"Okay," he said, but still didn't look convinced. He didn't ask anything further, yet. "Want to go out for a while?"

"Yeah sure. Give me five minutes, I'll change."

I rushed towards my room and took a pair of shorts and changed into them. I kept the same shirt. I came out of my bathroom and took the hair brush and braided my hair.

"Going somewhere?" A voiced asked.

Startled, I turned around and saw Chase leaning against his window. I placed my hands on my heart to calm it down. "You scared me."

"Sorry," he grinned, sheepishly. "So are you going somewhere?"

I opened my mouth to answer him, but the door beat me to it. I turned around and saw Liam standing in doorway.