Chapter 8

Chapter 8

**

I drove my car to the place. I was very anxious to go there. It's been a while since I've been there.

I parked my car at the side of the road and climbed out, locking it behind me. I walked through the woods until I reached the clearing where usually no one comes. I don't know how Emma found it, but she brought me here one day.

I reached the clearing and saw an open yard with green grass cutted short. I moved closer to the edge and looked down to see the sea was clear. It was beautiful. It was peaceful.

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and laid on the grass. Everything that's happened with me came rushing to my mind. I don't want to remember, but I just can't forget it.

I'm not angry at Liam. I know he cares for me, but I don't want him to miss his class and take care of me. It reminds me that I'm just the person who causes trouble.

Trouble.

Chase.

Yeah, trouble is one of the reasons I don't want to come close to him. I can't trust him. If he knows what I did, I know he'll hate me. I don't know how to reverse it back. If only I could.

It will crush me, if he hates me and I know he will. I sighed. Can my life get any better? I like him, but he hates me.

I, Chloe likes Chase. I liked him when I first met him in New York. I know he liked Emma, so I backed off. And now that he is here, I don't know what to do.

I hate him. I hate him. I ranted in my mind. I know I will hate him if I keep repeating to myself. But they say once you are hit by a Cupid's Arrow, there is no going back.

I was at the clearing until it was time for my work. I climbed in my car and drove off to the cafe. I entered and smiled at Alice, who was working at the same time. She was red-head and red-head are pretty angry but Alice is cool to be with.

I went to the workers room, took my name tag and went to the counter. My day started pretty bad. I was hoping it would end atleast good. I took the cash from the old lady and gave her a smile and greeted her good day. I turned around to the counter behind me and kept my phone there. I look at the time and it was only five.

Suddenly, the door burst open and came in my friends along with the guys. They rushed towards me, angrily, a counter separating us.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Ashley yelled.

"Where were you!?" Leah exclaimed.

"Are you alright?" Laura asked in concern.

"That was an epic show in the canteen," Alec laughed.

"I am so proud of you," Ryan joined Alec.

"You're good," Jason nodded.

"Can we talk?" Chase asked. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. All of the others snapped their head towards him.

"No," I simply replied. He raised his eyebrow this time. I looked away ignoring him. "Guys, I'm busy. Can we talk later?" I dismissed them, not looking at them.

"Don't do it again, Chloe. Don't shut me again." Ash pleaded. I know I was doing wrong again. I am shutting everyone out. I did the same thing after I got my first panic attack and thereafter, I would always shut them whenever I use to get it.

I looked at Ash. Hurt flash through her eyes, while the others were purely confused. Chase eyed me curiously. I sighed and gave a sad smile to her.