Lucifer x Reader | You Wrecked Me

Hey guys! This is a request from my tumblr (spn-imagines-to-feel) and I thought I'd post it here, as well!

I'm hoping to post part two of that one Sam one shot next!

REQUEST: Maybe could you do a Lucifer fic based off of Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus. Idk but the song kind of seems like Luci's theme. Don't have to, but if you could....that would be great.

•••

It had been a quiet day, and you were alone in your apartment, book in your lap, and a mug of hot cocoa on the side table next to you. It was snowing slightly outside, and you pulled a thick blanket around yourself, sighing as you closed your book. Your only company was your cat, curled up on the sofa next you, purring quietly as you slowly stroked her soft fur.

It hadn't always just been you and your cat. Your boyfriend used to live with you, until one day a few months ago. You had woken up one morning and he was gone, leaving behind nothing but a note that said nothing but: I'm sorry. You had called his phone, asked his brothers where he was, even the Winchesters.

You jumped slightly as someone knocked sharply on your front door.

You dropped your blanket back onto your sofa, and walked over to your front door, pulling it open.

"[Y/N]."

You slammed the door in his face, heart wrenching almost painfully in his chest.

"[Y/N], please let me in."

"Why should I, Lucifer?!"

"We'll need to talk sooner or later."

You were silent for a moment, before slowly opening the door and letting him walk through, into your home.

He opened his mouth to speak, but before he could, you blurted out the question that had been burning your mind since he left.

"Why?"

"Why what?" He knew what.

"Why did you leave me?"

"I — I needed to handle a few things."

"Handle what?" You crossed your arms over your chest, staring heatedly at him.

"Some problems—"

"War, you mean?" You interrupted again.

His eyebrows shot up in surprise. "How did you know—"

"Sam and Dean told me after I forced it out of them. Why couldn't you just tell me?"

"I didn't want you to get involved," he tried to explain. "I would have come home sooner, but..."

"But what?" You prodded, quirking an eyebrow.

"You didn't seem to miss me..."

"Didn't miss you?! What the hell have you that shit idea?!"

"You gave up, [Y/N]! You just walked away!"

"Don't you say that!" You shouted, tears threatening to fall. "I didn't walk away from us! You're the one who left!"

Your voice cracked, and you turned away from the man — angel — standing in your apartment.

Lucifer ran his hand through his hair, sighing as he slowly walked closer to you. "I understand if you don't want me anymore. I'll...I'll just leave—"

You fiddled with the hem of your sweater. "I will always want you, Lucifer. But, sometimes I just feel like you don't want me."

He moved forward, grabbing your hand. "Bullshit! Of course I do, [Y/N]! I love you. I love you with all my heart."

Tears were streaming down your face now, and you let Lucifer pull you into his arms, hugging you tightly as he buried your face in your shoulder, breathing in the scent of you.

"You left, Luci. You left me, and it wrecked me. You wrecked me, but I love you. I love you so much."

Your arms wrapped around him, your face pressing gently into his chest as he cupped the back of your head with his large hand, holding you to his body. "I'm so sorry, [Y/N]. I never meant for that to happen. I never wanted to leave you. It broke me to leave you."

"We're both broken, then, huh?" You gave a halfhearted, broken laugh.

He gave a watery chuckle. "I guess we are. But you know what?" He pulled back, looking you in the eye. "We can fix each other."

You smiled, and pulled him down for a kiss. "We can."

And you did.