Chapter Thirty-One

Levi X Reader 31

Y/n's Pov

It had been hours. I was walking so I only made it a few miles. I needed food, water. I hadn't run into too many Titans, luckily. I didn't have a horse, though I was hoping to find one.

I walked for a while longer before finding a small cave type thing to sleep in. Trees surrounded it making it hard to spot. I took off my jacket and cape and made a small bed out of them. I went out to see if there was any food near by. I did find a couple animals that I could cook. I killed them and took them back to the hide out I had made.

I made a fire, it took a while but I did it, and roasted the small animals. Outside the cave was a small pond. After eating I gathered some water with a branch that I carved to a bowl shape. I drank it quickly and went back to sleep.

"Goodnight." I said quietly. I fell asleep quickly.

••• Levi's Pov: •••

I couldn't sleep. Who knows if I ever would be able to again. Y/n is out there. She could be dead. She may never come back.

••• Eren's Pov: •••

After Y/n ran from Armin and I, we hunted down Mikasa. Levi almost killed me running outside. We followed him to the wall, needing to know what happened. Once he reached the top, we went after him. There he stood. He just stood there staring out into the plains.

Then I saw Y/n.

Erwin caught Levi before he jumped the wall. I was waiting for an explanation. Levi looked like he was about to break down into tears, but he muttered out some words and then fell.

"I betrayed her." He said.

I felt myself almost break down. I knew it. He could never care for her like I would have.

"Eren..Eren!" Armin's voice broke me out of my trance.

"Where the hell is Mikasa." I growled before jumping back down the wall.

It didn't take us too long to find her. She was in her dorms, where I thought she would be. I knocked on the door, so hard it felt like I would break it down.

"Eren, be patient. She'll answer." Armin patted my arm.

"MIKASA DAMN ACKERMAN. OPEN THE DOOR." I yelled. It took only a second before she opened it.

"What do you want, Eren." She growled.

"What did you do. WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO."

"What do you mean?"

"You and Levi. It's obvious you did something. What. Did. You. Do."

"I did what you think I did."

My stomached turned when Mikasa confirmed my suspicion. Levi betrayed Y/n..with Mikasa.

"Why? Why would you do that? Y/N MAY DIE BECAUSE OF YOU." I slapped her. It happened so fast that I hadn't realized I had done it. It didn't make feel bad, no, I felt better.

"Eren!" Armin grabbed my arm.

"What do you mean 'Y/n may die because of me'?" Mikasa asked.

"She jumped the wall." Armin said quickly. "She jumped it with nothing but her 3dmg."

Mikasa's eyes widened.

"And Levi?"

"He went straight after her." I snapped. "He was close to crying because she left."

Mikasa snarled at me and began to close the door. "Goodnight."

••• (Y/n's pov:) •••

"Y/n~"

"Agh, Stacey, leave me be. I'm tired. I don't want to work yet." My voice was muffled by Stacey's shirt.

"Come here, love." 

He planted a kiss on my forehead. I pulled his neck and kissed his lips. "I'm going back to bed."

"Y/n! We have work!"

"I'm sick."

"You aren't. You want to go above ground, don't you?" Stacey grabbed my hand as he tried to persuade me.

"Yeah, yeah. Fine, whatever." I intertwined my fingers with his. Kissing him one last time I stood up. "Meet you outside in ten."

Stacey nodded and then went to get dressed. I threw on my clothes and rushed to get my straps on. After all that, I still managed to slip on my 3dmg and get outside before Stacey.

"Hey asshole! Get out here!" I yelled after banging on the door.

"I'M COMING!" I heard something crash inside and started laughing.

"Are you having trouble?" I said as Stacey emerged from the door.

"Maybe.."

"You know what we need to do, Stacey?" I said quickly.

"What?"

"We need to fight. A simple spar."

"Alright. Sounds fun."

We were given our mission and meetup point.

"I'll see you there, okay?" I kissed Stacey's cheek. "As soon as we see each other again let's fight. Alright?"

"Okay. Next time we see each other, we'll fight."

And with that we separated ways.
•••

"Stacey?" I called. He hadn't showed up to where our meetup point was. "Stacey!?"

"Don't waste your breath sweetie." A voice from the shadows greeted me.

"What do you mean?"

"He left. I saw him go."

"No. He wouldn't just leave me."

"Oh yes, yes he would. He would to go up above ground."

And there I stood. I stood, frozen. I felt scared, I felt betrayal. It was the worst feeling I had ever felt. Betrayal.

•••

I shot up in my small bed. I hit my head on the top of the cave. 'Ouch.'

"Why now? Why are these memories coming back now?"

The day Stacey left me. I was so happy until that evening. Until the person told me that he had left me for the above ground. Like Levi had.

I threw on my jacket and cape, slipping on my straps and 3dmg. I decided to find a meal later. Well, time to explore a little more.

I smiled to myself and started running, yelling out,

"Hello, real world!"