Chapter Thirty-Two

Levi x Reader 32

"Hello, real world!"

Wind rushed through my hair, each strand was whipping behind me. A laugh escaped my lips. I was finally here, the outside world. Finally.

I took my blade and dug a huge 'X' into the ground every mile. That way, if I ever went back, I would know where to go. I knew that I would be reaching our breached wall, Maria. As soon as I jumped that wall, I would be free..completely free. Free..

I tripped. My head hit the ground, my arm cushioning the fall. I waited a minute before actually looking up, glancing to see what I had tripped on. My heart dropped.

A scout regiment jacket lay under dried mud. It must have been raining..

I grabbed the jacket, pulling and digging, until it came loose and I had it in my arms. I was hoping there was a name sewn into the inside. Most people did that, but some refused.

I turned the jacket to the inside, dusting off the dirt. "Who did you belong to? Who did you--"

I felt my eyes go warm, tears rushing up to them. "Oh my god.."

"Stacey Maisu.."

••• (Levi's Pov:) •••

"Levi, I told you this. We can't risk our soldiers for one person."

"I DONT GIVE A SHIT. Y/N IS NOT JUST A PERSON. WE NEED HER. ERWIN IM GOING-"

"Levi, no."

My glare had no effect on Erwin. He looked down.

"We can't just abandon her, Erwin."

"I know that. But I can't risk our soldiers for one person, Levi. I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do." He set his hand on the desk. "Dismissed."

"Fine."

I slammed the door as hard as I could as I left Erwin's office. Damn him. Damn it all.

As I rushed out of the room, I bumped into someone. To my luck, it was Mikasa. All the rage bubbled up inside of me at once.

"You.."

"Levi! I was looking for yo--"

"YOU SLUT.." My voice rose as I grabbed her collar and pulled her around the corner. "I hate you..I absolutely hate you.."

"Levi, what?!"

"She's gone. She's gone because of you." My head lowered. "I hate you..you damn slut. Throwing yourself onto me. I wish you would just leave me the hell alone. I wish I never met you. I hate you. I HATE YOU, YOU BITCH."

I looked up at Mikasa's shocked face. She looked genuinely hurt. My arm went limp and I let it fall from her collar. I slowly turned and walked on.

"Levi, I..I'm sorry-"

"No. Shut the hell up. I don't want to hear it."

"But Levi-"

"Are you shitting me!? SHUT THE HELL UP I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING FROM YOUR DAMN MOUTH."

I dragged myself away from the girl. Y/n..

Y/n.. I'm so sorry.. I really messed up this time..

••• (Eren's pov:) •••

I heard crying in the hall as I walked by. It sounded familiar. Mikasa..

"Hey--"

"Eren?"

I felt arms strapped around me. Mikasa had snapped and she was sobbing on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, Eren. I made a huge mistake. Im sorry-"