9

•Pandora•

"Hello" I said to the phone. My mom call me early this morning. I didn't feel like talking to her because I already know what she gone tell me.

"Hi Pandora..how's Cali life sweetheart" I roll my eyes a bit hearing my mom annoying ass voice.

"It's awesome mom..I have a husband now"I heard my mom gasp.

"¿qué coño, un esposo (what the fuck,a husband)" I sigh.

"Yeah mamá"I can hear her telling my father something and heard him coming to the phone.

"Pandora..when did you got married" he ask me. I didn't wont to explain what's going on out here.

"I'm sorry papá...let me talk to mamá please" he gave the phone back to my mom.

"Ok now tell me everything..to when you got to Cali to now" I took a deep breath and let it out.

"So it all started when me and Carlos got to this big penthouse and let me tell you mamá its huge..I mean it have at least seven bedrooms, five bathrooms and its own pool..mamá I ev..."

"PANDORA TELL ME ABOUT YOUR NEW HUSBAND" she yell through the phone.

"Ok..I started this new job at a gym..and my boss husband invited me.." I was cut off.

"No..No..No..bebita..never talk to a married man..they might get you in trouble and get you fired..don't mess with him"

"I know mamá but he is fina y prefecta (fine and perfect)"

"So your papá was fine and perfect..but he wasn't married.. I was the luckiest girl to have him"

"Anyways..he invited to a club..I thought it was gone be me and him..but he brought his wife..we talk had a few drinks..." She cut me off again.

"And BAM..he poison you and took you to Vegas where y'all got married and now you stuck here telling me this shit..bebita leave him..get a divorce" I roll my eyes.

"Mamá..can you please listen to me first..he did poison me...I saw Carlos there first..he told me he own the club..so I was happy that he was a club owner..then when it was time to make a toast..he said that I was his wife and kiss my lips"

"Pobres (poor) Carlos" I can tell she was shaking her head. "Why did he do that"

"He wanted to impress his bosses..whatever he said...but he also did it because of Odell" I whisper.

"All I have to say is focus on you..your job is more important..dont worry about Carlos and this other husband of yours" does this lady ever listen to me. "K bebita"

"Yes mamá" I smile. I can tell my mom anything. Sometimes. She gone tell my papá even when I tell her to please don't.

"Te amo (I love you)" I wipe a tear that was falling from my eye.

"Te amo too mamá"I hung up before she can hear me cry. I laid on my bed crying my eyes out. I miss my family so much. All I have is Maria. But she be working a lot. I can't blame her.