Chapter 2

MANIK

I packed the bags and luggage in my car, a black BMW. Dad had gifted it to me on my 19th birthday and it is my baby. I love my car beyond everything. It is one of the rare things that I handle with extreme care.

Cabir tapped the hood of the car as I pushed in the last bag in and stood upright. I rolled my eyes at him and he said," Finally I am getting rid of you, big brother. Hope that my paths don't cross  with yours in anytime soon."

He was rewarded with a slap on his head by Dad. "You are not going to accompany him to college with those poor grades of yours. So you may relax, Cabir." And gave him a sarcastic smile while I enjoyed the scene.

Next dad came to me and pulled me into a hug and patted my back. "Be careful son.", was all he said.

I smiled back at him. Soon mom came out with a box of chocolate cupcakes made by her. They were her special and I loved them. She was going to hand them to me when Cabir snatched the box and said," Why is every thing only for the star child. He is already good in studies and can get a job and buy these yummy cakes. Think of me guys, I won't have the money to buy them." He was going to open it but I grabbed back my box and said," Better luck next time little brother."

I placed the box at the back seat and turned to mom. She was having tears in her eyes. I pulled her into a tight hug and said," Don't worry mom, I will be calling you now and then like in every 20 seconds.". And she laughed at my comment.

She rubbed my back and said," Okay.... And don't you dare to forget to do that."

"I won't ," I promised and broke the hug. I wiped away her tears and spoke," Now no more tears, unless you want me to throw back my luggage into my room."

"No!!! We definitely don't want that!", Cabir shouted as we all started laughing.

I seated myself in the car and bid my good byes as I finally drove my way to Georgetown College.

----- --------------------------- --------------------

I entered into the college premises and drove to the parking lot. Students were roaming here and there in the campus. I parked my car at the south end. I sat inside the car trying to absorb the surroundings. I ran my fingers through my hair and calmed myself. Then giving a final pat to the steering wheel I opened the door and stepped out of the car.

It was one of the rare sunny days that we experienced in Washington. And the sun rays were comforting and went along nicely with the cool breeze.

I looked around and stared at the large college premises where I was going to spend then next four years of my life.

I was lost in my thoughts when someone patted on my shoulders. I turned back to find a boy of in loose jeans and a jacket. He was of short height and had a large amount of hair on his head which even covered his eyes.

"Yes....," I asked trying to be polite.

"Hi I am Dhruv,", he said forwarding his hand towards me.

I looked at him questioningly but took his hands for a shake. "Manik....", I replied.

"Freshman right?," he asked.

"Yes.... You?", I asked to keep up the conversation.

"Same. So do you know your schedule or your ward where you will be staying?", Dhruv asked.

"No, I just arrived. I don't know from where to collect those.", I replied not having a clue of what he was speaking of.

"I was just heading to get mine. Why don't you come with me. I can lead you there.", he said in a friendly tone.

"Okay. Thanks for it though.", I replied.

"Leave it man... We are going to need each other here a lot. So save it for the years to come.", Dhruv laughed.

I passed a weak smile and mentally passed a note, I am no way sticking up with this guy for 4 years.

I locked my car and joined him. We started heading towards the main building and I asked him," So where are you from."

"California, you?"

"Here only...," replied but the next moment I heard Dhruv scream," Manik?"

As I felt a light push at my legs that made me fall back on my back as I stared infornt to see a red car halt in front of me. Just millimeters away.

I sat there shocked as Dhruv came to my side and muttered "Are you okay?"

I could not respond as my gaze shifted to the passengers in the car.

On the driver seat sat a handsome boy with black glasses on his eyes. His clean shaved face and properly gelled hairs added to his charm.

Beside him was the most beautiful sight that I had ever come across. A young girl with bubbly cheeks and pink pouty lips was sitting on the passenger seat staring at me with her wide beautiful light cream coloured eyes. The golden locks were slightly falling on her white milky face and swaying in rhythm with the breeze.

I could not avert my gaze from her as I felt trapped in the depth of those warm eyes

COMMENT VOTE FAN PLEASEE