Chapter 12

Manik's POV

Her laughter was pure music to my ears as she leaned on me for support. And knowing that the reason behind her wide smile and joy is me made my heart skip a beat.

I want her to smile and laugh always. And I will always make sure she does.

I gaze at her charming and lovely features that were jingling with merriness. It had been just a few hours but she has managed to leave a permanent mark on my memories.

The way she captured me with just her large brown eyes made me wonder what had gotten into me.

She is just so perfect. Perfect like the princess of the fairy tales, perfect like the angels..... Her little nose, her pouty lips, her child like face.... All were beyond perfection and for once I thought maybe she is not real.

Maybe she is a dream that is going to vanish from my arms once I open my eyes.

Maybe.....

But before I could think anything else I felt a sharp tug from behind as a pair of hands pulled me away from Nandini.

In the next second I was awarded with a tight slap cum punch on my cheekbones as I thumped on the ground.

My head went foggy as I couldn't place my surroundings. The part of my face which had taken the hit throbbed like hell.

I could faintly hear the shouts of Nandini as she blamed Rahul for his behavior.

"Rahul what are you doing?", her voice rang through the hall.

"Don't you think its you who should be answering that to me.?", Rahul spoke in his deathly voice.

"What are you trying to say....."

"Oh for God's sake stop acting this innocent and all. Just get over your baby talks because you're words and actions don't match Nandini", Rahul shouted.

There was a little silence after that. I wonder how this two are just fighting verbally with one another when there is a boy on the ground wounded.

Okay not wounded.... It sounded a little more serious but we can easily settle it by saying hurt.

I crouched on the floor helping me with my hands. I breathed heavily as I sat there on my all fours recovering from the hit.

"Are you blaming me for cheating on you?", Nandini spoke. There was a deathly calmness in her chirpy voice. And in that moment I knew Rahul had just pointed to the wrong cord.

"Or what do you want me to think when I see you fooling around with other boys".

I looked up and saw both of them had made their way up to each other and they were awfully close.

"I can do what I want to. I don't need to have your permission.", Nandini answered and even being 5 feet away from the monster I could feel his wrath.

He held her arms and pressed them as he continued to glare at Nandini," You are mine. Only mine."

"Leave me Rahul. Its hurting", Nandini's faint plea reached me but Rahul showed no sign of mercy.

I ran one hand through the wound and I gasped as I saw blood trickle down from the cut.

I don't know what exactly took over me, but I felt heat rush through my body as my anger, hatred, revenge all surfaced out at once and I felt myself stand up at once.

At that time I felt like I will kill that bastard. Okay she may be yours but you just can't hurt her like that, not in front if me.

Surprising all three of us( believe me I was too hell surprised that even I was capable of fighting) I lunged on Rahul and threw my right fist aiming at his cheek.

Woooooh

That's an awesome punch....really

I saw Rahul stumble back a few steps and I stood there with a winning smirk.

But the victory was a short one.

That is going to make me pay, I realised it as soon as I saw him growl and it was not a normal one but a vicious one.

I never knew humans can growl too. Maybe he is not one of us. Guess it's not a good time for my jokes.

And in no time Rahul threw up his hands to tackle me but I dodged him and smacked him at the back of his head.

This is getting cooler. Thanks to Cabir who made me watch Matrix and Taken. Otherwise forming these moves would have been difficult.

Rahul shook his head and positioned himself opposite to me and this time my luck ran out as he arm locked me and then turning me around he used his free leg to trip me down and pressed me to the ground using his left elbow.

He is goddamn Bruce Lee only with the wrong motive.

I could feel the pressure on the back and front as he squeezed me in between the ground and him.

I was about to black out.....

"Stop.", a girl spoke and I knew it was not Nandini.

The pressure eased a little as Rahul shifted his attention to the source of the order.

"Get back from the guy right now if you don't want me to fire your ass up by blowing all your covers to the warden", her composed voice suggested that she knew what she was handling.

And just like a key code, the girl pressed all the right numbers and Rahul released me and got up.

I inhaled sharply and felt two tiny hand reach up to me.

Nandini.

"I am so sorry...", was all I heard before I blacked out.

Comments please.....

Till then happy reading