Chapter 14

Rahul

I entered into my room and the first thing that caught my attention was the picture of me and Nandini on the bed-side table.

I was angry and I hated her for doing this to me. For hurting me. I trusted her with my heart, with my fears, with my strengths and here am I now.....

Thrown away from her, for a guy whom she had met just hours ago. How can she hurt me like this?

I rushed towards the frame and picked it up and was about to thrash it on the floor when something stopped me.

I sank into the bed with the picture in my hand as I gently touched her face.

Her innocent beauty and joyful face calmed me down. I was no longer angry but now I felt a new feeling engulf me.

Fear.

Fear of losing her from my life. I may have done several mistakes but she had always been there, the mature one between us. She always calmed me down when am angry. Whatever I say or do she always managed to tag along to make sure am okay.....

But this time she did what she had never done before.

She pushed me away.

I really wouldn't care if she was hanging with other guys as long as they keep themselves in the friend zone but today I felt something different.

I felt left out.

I had been mourning for her, had been waiting to sort things with her but when I see her laughing and happy even without me around a sudden reality struck me.....

She doesn't need me anymore.

A whirl of memories of her gushed through my brains and I felt a small drop of tear trickle down my cheek.

I am crying.

I had stopped crying since I was fourteen. The day when my parents were ruthlessly murdered in front of my eyes was the last day I had ever cried until now.

And the flashbacks of the dreadful day appeared in front of my eyes. In moments I was back in that secluded building.

The fresh images of my parents shot up as they crumbled down on the floor, blood all around and I, a kid of fourteen years shouting helplessly.

"Rahul......".

It was Nandini. I glanced up at her. She walked up to me and held my face in her tiny palms.

The warmth from those little hands gave me assurance that I still had her by my side.

"Rahul," her voice faltered as she wiped my tears. Her soft touch made me crave for more. And I couldn't hold it any longer.

I pulled her into me holding her close as I buried my face into the crook of her neck.

"I don't want to lose you, Nandini. I have lost enough. Please Nandu, don't throw me away from you, please", I pleaded as tears welled up in my eyes.

She wrapped her arms around my neck trying to comfort me. It was something that she had never done before. She had faced the angry me, the cheesy me but never before had she seen the vulnerable me.

"Rahul, I will never leave you, I will always be with you because even after what you do you will always be the one whom I love. I can never push you away from my life....", she spoke.

I sometimes wonder what on earth did I do to get her.

I kissed her cheek and said," I am sorry." And stared into her eyes.
A flicker of hurt appeared on her face but she covered it up quickly. She gave me a small smile and replied," Its okay....".

She was being strong for me. I cuddled her and wrapped my arms protectively around her. She settled on my lap as I nudged her with my nose.

"I am really sorry for shouting on you and hurting you. I shouldn't have done that", I said.

She shifted and looked at me. "And yet you did it... Sometimes you're too confusing for me to understand, Rahul. You know what your actions will lead to and then too you end up doing it....why?", she asked.

I tried to find a suitable explanation to it, but found none.

"Ahh because I am stupid and ....and I love you.", I replied innocently.

Nandini rolled her eyes at me but the blush creeping up her cheeks confirmed that we were back to okay.

I leaned down to kiss her,

"Rahul.......", Alya bursted into the room.

Nandini leaped out of my lap in reflex and I grunted at my stupid sis.

"Alya can you please knock before you enter....", I grumbled shooting daggers at her.

"It's important, we have a situation —".

I noticed the dark frowns on my sister's face and I knew there was something wrong but before she continues I need Nandini to leave.

"Okay.... Alya we will talk once I drop Nandini back to her room", I replied stopping her from spilling the beans.

I held up my hand for Nandini. Nandini spared a glance at Alya.

"Its okay Rahul.... I can head back to my room.", Nandini spoke unaware of the situation.

"No... I am coming", I held her hand tugging her with me.

I bid her goodbye and then returned back to my room. I opened the door and prepared myself for it.

"I can't believe it, Rahul... You haven't spoken to Nandini about all this yet...", Alya shouted.

"She doesn't need to be a part of this, Alya. Now tell me what happened.", I asked.

Alya stared at me and I knew where this was heading to...

"She is already a part of it.", Alya pointed out the obvious.

And I knew that my sister was right.

Vote and comments please