Chapter 17

RAHUL

I rushed through the corridors like a mad man. There was no doubt that Nandini's sudden absence was just a coincidence. It was all perfectly connected and planned. I felt my heart clench and tears brim as I wondered what my love my girl was going through. And that too because of me. Because of the mistakes I committed. I can't let her suffer....I can't.

I banged open the door and the sight in front shook me to the ends. I heard my sister gasp as she hurried towards Matt and John who we on the floor unconscious. Alya kneeled down and pressed her fingers to their neck to check whether they were alive or not.

She nodded slightly and replied," Just knocked out. They will be fine.".

I didn't respond. I couldn't. They had already played their first turns and had an upper hand. If they could easily knock out trained guys like Matt and John, Nandini was a piece of cake to them and that made me shiver.

I could feel someone move behind me and I turned around to find Dhruv standing at the opened door staring at Matt.

The horror was evident in his eyes and the moment his eyes met mine I knew he was about to flee.

Shit. I should have closed the door right away. I can't have witnesses. I grasped him before he could run away and he opened his mouth to scream but my hands reached his mouth just at the nick of time. I pulled him inside and closed the door as the small guy squirmed under my clutch.

"Don't shout.", I glared at him and he gave a non existing nod to my order. I had every doubt that he would comply to my demand but thankfully he kept mum.

"What do we do now?", Alta asked glancing at Dhruv and the guy turned more timid.

"We need to find Nandini...", I winced taking her name. I am the one whom made her land into this.

"She's missing?", Dhruv asked with such an air of surprise that it irritated Alya as she grumbled," Where did you get him?"

"Sneaking around by the door," I replied as I surveyed Nandini's room hoping to get some clues.

"How can she go missing. I just saw her with Manik at the parking Area few minutes back.", and that was it.

I clenched my fists and punched the wall thinking it to be Manik.

"I knew it was him. There was something wrong with him. He was way too interested in Nandini. I knew it.", I rambled my chants.

"Calm down Rahul. We need to act fast. He already has Nandini.", my sister pointed out.

"I am going to the parking lot if I have a good chance I may get a lead."

"Okay, and I will stay back to handle things here," she said looking at the unconscious boys.

This was something unexpected. Alya never let's me go alone in tracking leads. She tags along always to have my back. Her sudden wish to stay back clicked at some part of my brain but it soon dissolved as she hugged me and whispered," Stay safe,"

I nodded as I went out and headed towards the parking zone. I tripped over something and I leaned down to pick up a thin iron rod rolling down. I picked it up and the faint reddish stain at it's ends made my heart stop.

Blood.

I fervently wished that it was not Nandini but the present situation made me think otherwise. I clutched the rod tighter in my hands and my knuckles whitened. I found myself swearing to kill Manik.

That bastard acted all weak in front. Taking my blows and not fighting back. Well it was an act to throw of my guards and I called in his trap. Damn I couldn't get his professional tactics.

As I gazed across I spotted tyre marks at the west end of the garden. I didn't waste a single moment and ran to my car and within the next few seconds I was out of the campus following the dark black tyre marks on the road. He had headed north.

I dialled Alya's number but it went to voice message. I tries again but finally left a text to call her back.

I followed the marks and suddenly the tracks disappeared as it turned into a dingy alley. I pulled up a little ahead and stealthily got out placing my gun in my hands. I cautiously walked down the lane keeping my senses alert.

I felt someone move behind and swiftly turned around to find just a crumbled paper rolling. I tightened my grasp on the gun and just then my cell vibrated taking me off guard and that's it.
A mask shoved down my face blocking my vision and the gun detached from my fingers as my hands were twisted and locked behind. I struggled but was awarded by kicks at my sided almost breaking my ribs as I groaned.

I am a captive.