Chapter 11

Rahul's POV

I absentmindedly stroked the strings of the guitars but my focus was not at all on the music. I had been practicing for the past one hour but my mind always lost the track and stopped at only one thought.

Nandini.

I was worried about her. I hadn't seen her since last night after our immature fight. I know I was at fault but I just couldn't handle my anger and that led to all this mess.

I sighed as her crying face flashed in front of my eyes. I didn't mean to hurt her.

I always want to protect her. Keep her safe in my arms but I always fail and end up hurting her.

I felt sick of myself, for behaving to her like that.

I went to sort things out last night but she threw me out of her room. And in the morning she had already left for her classes.

This is the first time that I had got up for any girl and that to so early.

I really love her, I think.

I kept aside the guitar knowing that unless I have her back at my side I won't be able to focus on anything.

I packed the guitar in the case and the small sticker "I love you" caught my attention.

Nandini had pasted it on the guitar case. One of her baby acts that she does a lot. I smiled.

"What are the most important things in your life?", Nandini asked as she sat beside me on the couch.

I was busy adjusting the strings on my guitar.

"Rahul say na", she poked.

"My guitar", I replied.

"And?", she waited for me.

I was aware what she was trying to do. So I smirked silently and tried acting obtuse.

"That's all. Nothing more. Oh wait I forgot to mention my friends are in the list too and my family", I added.

She snatched the guitar from my hands and I stared at her," Nandu give it back...", I asked her.

She narrowed her eyes at me obviously upset of the fact that I have not mentioned her in the important list.