Chapter 1

I decided to post this a little earlier than I thought. I didn't think that this would get such a high demand for it to be released.

"Emma, what happened while you were there?" Ruby asked as they crossed the town line.

"Neal and Will held me captive. I was always given food and clean clothes. It was strange." Emma said.

They were silent for the rest of the ride even though there were many things that needed to be discussed. Ruby drove to her house and showed Emma the guest bedroom. She gave her some clothes and let her shower. Emma ran down the steps with a brush and towel in her hand. She had a black shirt on, black leggings, black boots, and a red jacket on.

"Did Killian move back here like he said he would?" She asked fluffing her hair with a towel.

Ruby and Victor looked at each other.

"Is he here or not?" She repeated.

"Yea, he is, but he's with someone." Ruby finally said.

Emma nodded and left their house. She walked to Granny's. Everyone was excited to see her again and to find out that she was actually alive, but she just wanted a hot chocolate with cinnamon and to lay in her bed. 'Why did I actually have hope that he still thought about me? I'd rather have no hope than false hope.'

Killian was in his apartment that he started renting with his girlfriend Lizzy. She had blonde hair and green eyes, but those green eyes didn't hold pain behind them. He saw her every time he saw Lizzy.

"Killian! I heard that someone moved back! Her name is Emma Nolan. You grew up here, does that name ring a bell?" Lizzy asked as she walked out of the bathroom.

Killian looked up from his phone. "I have to go." He stood up and left the apartment. He ran down the street asking anybody he saw if they had seen Emma. Finally, someone pointed him in the direction of Granny's diner. He stepped up to the restaurant and opened the door. He felt something hit his chest.

"Really?" The woman asked as she looked down. Killian knew who it was just by the tone of her voice.

"My apologies, Swan." He said.

Emma looked up and saw the face that haunted her dreams for the past three years. She forgot about the spilled drink all over her and got lost in his blue eyes. Just like she used to.

"Killian?"

"Aye lass, it's me." He stepped closer to her to kiss her lips, but she stepped back.

"I heard you were with someone. You should tell her you love her and give her that ring." She said pointing to the black box on the ground.

He looked at the box that sat on the ground. There wasn't a ring inside it, but a pair of diamond earrings. When he looked back up, Emma was gone. He picked up the box, went inside the diner and got her another hot chocolate with cinnamon. As he was walking out, he saw Lizzy marching down the street.

"You forgot your phone Killian." She said handing it to him.

"Liz, I have something to tell you."

"What is it?" She put her hand on his shoulder. "You can tell me anything."

"Well, I don't think our relationship is working. I've actually wanted to tell you this for a while. I'm sorry."

She took her hand off his shoulder and smacked him. "You'll get your things later."

He nodded and she turned around and walked towards their apartment. He stood stunned in the middle of the street before dashing off. He went to Ruby's house first. If anything, Emma was going to go there. He knocked on the door and Victor opened it.

"Killian! If you're here to see Emma, well she's busy." Victor said.

"Busy doing what mate?" Killian asked.

Victor looked down at his shoes.

"Victor?"

"She's kinda crying her eyes out?"

Killian barged through and looked up the stairs, then looked over at his friend.

"First door on the left." Victor said and Killian nodded.

Killian ran up the steps and stood in front of Emma's door. He listened to Ruby and her talking.

"He moved on. He moved on, he moved on, he moved on." Emma repeatedly said.

"He never stopped thinking about you Em."

"But that doesn't mean that he still loves me. He had a ring in his pocket to give to his girlfriend. He was going to propose. What did I expect? That I would come back and the flame that we had would just rekindle?"

"It was more than a flame, Emma. It was a forest fire. He loved you."

Killian opened the door. Ruby stood up and Emma looked down. He asked for a moment alone without saying any words. Ruby left and Killian sat down next to Emma.

"Ruby is right. I never forgot about you Swan. It would be hard to considering everything that we have been through."

"But..." Emma trailed off know exactly where this was heading.

"No I didn't move on. I still love you. I broke up with the girl I was with. She was just a replica of you. Your beautiful golden hair, green emerald eyes, rosy cheeks, the freckles on her cheeks." As he was listing the things about her, he noticed her blushing. "I missed you. And I never stopped looking for you either."

"I just don't think that you breaking up with your girlfriend for me is right."

"No it's not, but when you don't like her anymore, what are you supposed to do?" He put his hand on her knee and she tensed up. "It's okay. You're safe now."

"He's still out there. They are still out there. I'm not safe anywhere."

"I'll protect you. Just like I used to."

"Killian, I-"

"We can take it slow again. I know it's going to be hard jumping back into the world after what you went through, but just take things slow. I'll be at Granny's if you need me." He stood up and kissed the top of her head. "I love you, Swan. I always have and I always will."

"Goodnight Killian."

"Night Emma."

He shut the door and leaned against it. Emma collapsed on the pillows.

'Why didn't you tell him you love him too?' She thought.