Chapter 25

"Graham said that he's going to make a case as soon as he gets back to the station." Emma said going back to the living room where Killian sat.

"Do you really trust him? For all we know he could have been the one who did this to us."

"Why would the sherif attack two people? And there were two of them, last time I checked, Graham was one person."

Killian sighed. "I know. It's just, I want you to be happy and safe, and I couldn't help you."

Emma curled up into his side and played with his hair. "Nothing happened to me. I'm okay."

"But what if something did happen? I couldn't live with myself if you got hurt, Swan."

"But that is only a 'what if' and I think it would be best if we keep it that way."

Killian nodded and placed his head down on her shoulder. They both went up to the bedroom to get ready for bed. He laid down first and then Emma laid down next to him. He wrapped his arm around her and made soothing circles on her baby bump.

Emma didn't want him to know, but she was scared. Scared that the people would come back, or that she would run into them again. She didn't want to put Killian at risk, but she couldn't leave him. The men attacked the both of them, and she was going to find out who, and Graham was going to put their asses in jail.

For the next week, Emma stayed inside. Killian hardly went out because he knew she didn't want to be alone. Graham came by or called almost every day to give them updates about the case, but it always came up the same. Nothing new and no leads. They were both getting frustrated. It was getting harder for Emma to sleep too. She was always worried. Always scared.

"Emma, maybe you should stay with me. Your attackers know where you live, and it wouldn't be safe to stay here." Graham said through the phone.

"Graham, we've been over this. I'm not leaving my home. Killian is here, and we are fine." She told him for what seemed like the millionth time.

"He didn't do such a good job protecting you when you both were attacked on the beach." He mumbled.

"Graham, I never told you where we were attacked."

The line went dead and she dropped the phone. Killian ran into the kitchen just as she began to fall. He ran over to her and caught her, and carried her to the couch.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked, running his knuckles down the side of her face.

"Graham is one of the guys that attacked us." She stammered. "We have to leave!"

"Hold on, what? How do you know?"

"I was talking to him just now, and he said that I should move in with him because the attackers know where we live. When I refused, he said that you didn't do a good enough job when we were attacked on the beach. I never told him that!"

"Bloody hell." He stood up and went over to a stand by the door and grabbed the handgun he had bought after Emma came back. He brought it back over to her and showed it to her. He kept it pointed to the floor. "If he comes near us, I'll shoot him. He won't get you."

"I just want to know why."

As if on cue, there was a knock at the door. Killian went over to answer it when she heard a grunt and a loud thud. Heavy footsteps got louder as they came closer to her.

Graham appeared in the doorway with his hands in the air. "I'm not here to hurt you, Emma."

She stood up. "Why? Why did you do this?"

"It isn't fair that that bastard in there gets you after all these years."

"You are so much like Neal! Ever wonder why I chose Killian? Why I continue to choose him? It's because he never went crazy and tried to kill me!"

Graham sighed. "I never tried to kill you."

"No, but you keep trying to kill him. Go find a girl and move on with your life."

"I don't feel anything with anyone else. I just want you."

"Get the fuck out."

Graham pointed his head to the floor. He walked over to the front door, and slammed it shut behind him.

"Emma. Emma!"

She shook her head and Killian stood in front of her. A concerned expression on his face.

"What?" She asked.

"You looked like you were daydreaming." He stated.

"So, Graham was never here?"

"No. He hasn't called either. Why?"

She took a deep breath. "In the daydream thing, he knew something that I didn't tell him."

"Why would the sheriff want to hurt us?"

"I... Don't know."

But the truth was, she had a feeling that she did know. She had a feeling that Graham was behind the whole thing, and that he just wanted her to himself. Emma wasn't sure if she could go through another series of crazy people trying to ruin her happiness. But if it was Graham, he wasn't trying to hurt her. He was just trying to show her that Killian wasn't the right guy for her. Of course, she wouldn't listen because Killian had been there for her since high school. He proved to her that he loved her and would continue to love her until his final breath.

She tugged him down so he was sitting on the couch beside her. Killian gave her a strange look but she ignored it and hugged him tightly. He buried his face into her neck and breathed in her scent.

"If it is Graham, we'll make sure he gets what he deserves." He whispered in her ear.

She nodded because she believed him. She had faith in him. She trusted Killian, and always would.

Okay, so this chapter is sloppy and I don't like it that much. I just figured it's time for an update.

Do you have any thoughts to who the attackers could be?