Chapter 26

"You can't sell me out!" He yelled. "We were in this together! I can't believe that you hate him so much you would do this, drag me into this, then say you are going to sell me out!"

"I don't have a choice."

"If you didn't do this in the first place, we wouldn't be in trouble. Just remember, if I go down, I'm taking you with me."

The other man froze. There was no way he could come forward with the truth without getting sucked up into it too. "Fine. I'll think of something else."

Three Months Later...

Emma's belly was growing and she was putting on some weight. Her morning sickness wasn't bad anymore, but she was starting to feel gross. Killian showered her with affection, and that would often take her mind off of her changing body. It would only be two or three more months and they could find out the sex of the baby. She had a feeling that the baby would be a boy, meanwhile Killian still had hope that it would be a girl. Princess Emma and Hook had visited once more, but other than that, they didn't come, and Killian and Emma didn't visit them in the dream world.

"Swan, we are having the cookout on the boat this weekend, and you are coming whether you like it or not." Killian told her as they walked around the store looking for charcoal.

"Why do I have to go? Then I have to talk to all of our friends about what names we picked for the baby, and what animals and colors we want to decorate the nursery with. It's just too much trouble." She whined.

He laughed and knelt down to inspect a bag of charcoal. "We are going to have a great time. We'll relax with our friends and your family."

"Fine." She crossed her arms over her chest. "I hope it rains."

"Then we could always reschedule." He placed two bags of charcoal into the cart and walked to the food section. "I find it surprising that you don't hope for the ship to burn, then we really couldn't reschedule unless we use the backyard."

"Are you kidding? I love the Jolly Roger! I would never want her to burn."

He laughed and looked at her over his shoulder. "Point taken."

Emma picked out the meat that consisted of hot dogs and hamburgers, while Killian got buns and condiments. They picked out the sodas they wanted and threw the items into the shopping cart and made their way to the checkout counter.

When they got home, Graham's sheriff car was in the driveway. Emma gave Killian a nervous glance as they both got out of the car.

"Emma, Killian." Graham greeted. "I have some bad news."

Emma sighed frustratedly. "If it's about how you don't have any clues about the people who attacked us on the beach three months ago, then you can just get out of my driveway."

"I'm sorry." Graham apologized. "Something will turn up."

"That's what you have been saying forever, and I'm getting sick of it. I bet I could do a better job at finding those fuckheads then you."

"Easy, love." Killian said gently and placed a hand on her shoulder. His other hand cupped her cheek and pressed a sweet kiss to her lips. They didn't notice Graham rolling his eyes at their affection.

She pulled back and grabbed the buns from the trunk and went up to the house. He winked at her as she passed by and watched as she disappeared inside. Killian turned to Graham who was looking at his phone.

"I'm sorry, mate." Killian said. "It's just the hormones."

"It's alright. I know she has a lot of stress right now. If someone attacked me then I would want to know who was behind it too." Graham said. "I should be getting back to the station. I'll call you if anything comes up."

"Thanks." Graham started the engine. "Wait, would you like to come to a barbeque this Saturday? If you want you could bring a friend."

"I wouldn't want to ruin your party."

"Think of it as a thanks for being there for Emma and me."

He thought about it for a moment. "Alright."

"Excellent. It's at my boat the Jolly Roger. We will be leaving the docks around noon."

"I'll see you this weekend then. You said I could bring a friend?"

"Aye. Anyone you want."

"Great. Thanks again, Killian."

"Don't mention it." He watched as Graham left and Killian grabbed the rest of the groceries. Emma was pulling the cooler out of the closet and was putting the soda bottles and cases into it. The buns were in their bags sitting on the counter.

"I hope you don't mind that I invited Graham to the cookout this weekend." Killian said as he placed the bags onto the counter.

Emma stood straight up and blew the hair away that was in front of her face. "No. Did he leave? I want to apologize for the way that I acted."

"He knows and he understands. I told him."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her neck. "What do you say that after I make dinner, I'll give you a relaxing massage?"

Emma hummed. "I'd say that that wouldn't sound so bad."

"Good." He sucked a mark onto her skin and her head fell back onto his shoulder.

"Alright, alright, that's enough." She giggled and he pulled away. "Make food, I'm starving."

He bowed. "As the lady wishes."