Chapter 27

I can't wait to see the comments...😈

That Saturday morning, Killian filled the cooler with ice and put the sodas into it. He placed the cooler into the trunk of the car along with the bags of charcoal. Emma packed the backseat with the buns, meat, and condiments. She made sure that nothing would fall over and squish the buns. They were borrowing the grill from Regina and Robin, who were already waiting at the ship with David and Mary Margaret. Ruby and Victor were coming too, along with Graham and whoever he was going to bring. It was only 11:00, but they still had a whole hour before they were going to set sail.

Once Emma and Killian got to the boat, David and Robin helped bring the food onto the tables that were already set up. Ruby and Victor showed up a half hour later.

"So, how are you and Killian?" Ruby asked as she leaned on the side of the ship.

"Good. We get to find out what the baby is in a few months. We've agreed that we want to know what it is." Emma said.

"That's good. What do you want it to be?"

"I don't know. But I have a feeling it's going to be a boy."

"And Killian thinks it's going to be a girl, right?"

"Exactly."

A car pulled up to the docks and two figures got out. Emma saw that the man that got out of the driver's side was Graham, but she had never seen the other man before. They walked up to the Jolly Roger and onto the ship.

"Graham! Glad you could make it." Killian said and clapped him on the back. "Who is that?"

The man stepped forward. He had black hair and stubble on his cheeks. "The name's August." He shook hands with Killian.

"Glad you could make it, mate. Now that everyone's here, I'll take us out on the water." Killian thought aloud and went up to the wheel. He raised the anchor and the wind caught on the sails. Soon enough, they were far away from Storybrooke. He watched August and Graham talk to everyone. A pang of jealousy hit him when he saw Graham's hand on Emma's arm. He looked at her, and noticed that her soda bottle was empty. He quickly lowered the anchor and went over to the cooler and grabbed another of whatever she was drinking. Killian took her empty bottle and handed the new one to her. "Here you are, love." He wrapped a protective arm around her.

"Thank you, Killian." She kissed his cheek and took a drink.

"So Killian, I was just telling Emma here that August is an author." Graham said.

"And a damn good one if I do say so myself." August said as he walked up to them.

With the three men surrounding her, Emma was starting to feel claustrophobic and uncomfortable. She pushed past them and down into the Captain's Quarter's. Killian looked at the guys weirdly for a moment before running after her. He knocked on the door of the cabin and tried the doorknob, but it was locked.

"Swan, are you alright?" He asked.

"No." She was breathing heavily.

"Can you try to open the door?"

"I just need to breathe. Go back up there and I'll be up in a minute."

"A minute is all you have, and if you aren't up there, I'll come down and help you."

Emma heard his footsteps walk away, and she pushed herself from the wall. A light sheen of sweat covered her head. Situations like those were times when she was brought back to wen she was with Neal. He would corner her and trap her before hurting her in some way. It was okay with two people because she still had the advantage of escape.

She picked herself up from the bed and walked out of the room and back onto the deck. Killian was at the helm, looking out at the water around them. He stopped scanning the deck as soon as she came up.

"Are you alright?" He asked as she walked up to him.

Emma nodded. "I can't be trapped like that."

A hard look came over his face. "I apologize."

She shook her head. "Don't blame yourself. You didn't do anything."

"But I'm still sorry."

"Food's ready!" David shouted.

"Let's get something to eat and we can just relax." Killian suggested and grabbed her hand.

Everyone got either hot dogs or hamburgers. Everyone talked about anything except for the baby and why Emma ran away. Sometime after they ate, Graham and August both disappeared below deck. Emma went in search of them after they had been gone for awhile. She heard hushed whispers right outside the galley.

"So what do you want to do, Graham? Throw him overboard?" August asked sarcastically. "He's the only one that can get us home."

"I'm sure Emma knows how to sail the ship. It can't be that hard." Graham replied.

"We'll do you know where we are? Cause I'm sure Killian does. Move on from Emma. Quit trying to cause them both pain and find another girl."

"No. I've been in love with her since she returned to Storybrooke. I won't lose her."

"You kinda already did! She's engaged and pregnant."

"That baby isn't his."

"But it's not yours either."

Graham gasped. "Maybe we could break them up. You could tell Killian that she fooled around with me, and that the baby is mine. She'll come to me for comfort and he will be so pissed, he won't be able to even look at her."

"Something tells me that he will believe her before a complete stranger. And remember the last time you wanted to break them up? I'm still finding sand in my shoes!"

Emma had to put her hand over her mouth to keep herself quiet. 'Graham and August were the ones who attacked us on the beach!'

"Shut the fuck up! Do you know what happens if someone hears that?" Graham said seriously.

"No. It was your idea."

"But you still participated."

Emma came out of her hiding spot and into the doorway of the galley. There was a betrayed look on her face. Graham looked at her in shock.

"Emma, how much did you hear?" He asked nervously.

"I heard enough. A sheriff is supposed to keep a town safe, not attacking someone because you are in love with the person they are with!"

"I just wanted to show you that he isn't the right guy for you."

Emma stormed over to him and slapped him across the face. "We are going back to Storybrooke, and you won't have to worry about Killian. I'll throw you overboard myself."

She marched back above deck. The sun was starting to set and everyone looked at her as she came back into view.

"Are you alright? You were down there for awhile." Killian said.

"We need to go back home. I just found out who the attackers are." Emma said.