Chapter 15

They got back to his house and watched tv until the evening. Emma was restless. She didn't want to stay at home all day, but she wouldn't have spent most of the day in Killian's arms. Her phone rang on the coffee table so Killian paused the show they were watching as she answered the call from Regina.

"Hey, Emma, we are going out to celebrate Neal and Will being locked up. It would be awesome if you would come out with us to the Rabbit Hole in an hour." Regina said.

Emma hesitated a moment before responding. "I'm not feeling too well. I think I'll stay back. You guys just go ahead without me."

"Are you sure? We can just reschedule."

"No, no that's okay. I insist. Killian will join you."

"We'll all go out again after you are feeling better. Sound good?"

"Definitely. I'll talk to you later." Emma said and then hung up.

"What is Killian joining in on?" Killian asked from behind her.

She turned around to face him. "Regina said that everyone is celebrating Neal and Will being in prison, and she wanted to know if we could go out too. I obviously can't, but I don't want you to stay behind with the pregnant woman, so you are going."

"Swan, I don't want to leave you here."

"It's fine."

He stood up from the couch. "I guess I'll just go and get ready then."

45 minutes later, Killian walked down in a black shirt, dark blue jeans, and his signature black leather jacket. He had a little bit of eyeliner smudged under his eyes. She smiled at him as he bounced down the stairs.

"You look amazing." She complimented.

He chuckled. "I know." He placed his hands on her hips and pulled her close. "Are you sure you are okay with me going? I can stay here with you. I have no problem with that."

"I'm okay here." She insisted. "Just don't bring back any women, okay?"

He laughed. "Why would I do that when the only woman I want is right here in front of me?" She placed a short but sweet kiss to his lips in response. "I'll only be an hour."

She nodded and watched as he walked out of the house. Emma watched some more tv to try to pass the time, but she just wanted to stare out the window and watch until his car pulled up in front of their house. When it was drawing close to the time he was supposed to be home, she did look out the window. Fifteen minutes later, and Killian still wasn't home. She sighed as she sat back down on the couch and put on a movie that successfully captured her attention for an hour and a half.

By this time, Killian still wasn't home.

Emma tried calling his phone, but he didn't answer. She spent four hours pacing the house waiting for him to walk through the door, but he never did. She huffed in anger and disappointment. Emma stomped up the stairs and got ready for bed.

"I'll only be an hour." She said mocking his words.

As she laid down under the blankets, she heard the front door open and drunken footsteps try to find their way through the dark. She clenched her eyes shut and waited for him to stumble through the door.

"Emma!" He yelled drunkenly.

She turned on her side just as the bedroom door opened. She listened as he got on the bed and turned her over.

"You are so beautiful." He whispered before pressing his lips to hers.

She remained "asleep." She didn't want to talk to him while he was drunk. She felt his lips travel down her neck and his hands go to the hem of her shirt and he tried to lift it up. She grabbed his wrist and sat straight up.

"You're awake." He slurred and went to kiss her, but she pulled away at the last second.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" She asked. "First, you say you are only going to be out for an hour, but you are gone for five! Then you come home drunk off your ass and try to have sex with me!"

"You love it."

"When you are sober." She hit him with his pillow and pushed him on the floor. "You are sleeping on the couch tonight."

"Emma, love, don't be like this."

"Get out."

Without anymore fuss, Killian left the room. She tried to slow her heart rate. What would have happened if she did fall asleep? Tears pricked her eyes at what she thought could have happened. Eventually, Emma fell asleep, but it was a light sleep. She was going to keep her guard up at all times.

The next morning, Emma woke up alone, but she smelled bacon cooking in the kitchen. Her stomach growled but she dreaded seeing Killian, even though he most likely didn't even remember what he almost did.

She changed into jeans, boots, and a gray t-shirt and went downstairs after brushing her hair and putting some makeup on. Killian stood at the stove with his back to her. She took a deep breath before going over to the fridge and pulling out some orange juice.

"No good morning hug?" He asked.

She stayed silent. She wasn't going to talk to him.

"What did I do? Why are you mad at me?"

She put the orange juice carton back in the fridge and walked to the living room and sat down. She heard his footsteps following her. He reached out and grabbed her wrist. Fear struck her body and she yanked her arm away and slapped him.

"Don't touch me!"

"Love, what happened?" He asked completely ignoring the stinging pain in his cheek.

"Why didn't you come home on time last night?"

"I lost track of time."

"And you got drunk off your ass. You came home and almost rap-"

His eyes widened. "No. Don't say it." He put his head in his hands and gripped his hair. "I'm so so so sorry! I'm just like him."

Guilt punched Emma in the stomach. "You aren't like Neal. It would take a lot to be like him."

"You trusted me and I let you down."

"But you didn't do it."

"Yea, because you stopped me. Emma, I am truly sorry. I'm not going to get wasted ever again. I promise, love. I give you my word."

"Let's just forget that this ever happened, okay?"

"Okay, but I don't want you to forgive me."

Emma tilted her head in confusion. "What?"

"I don't want you to ever forgive me for what I did. I don't deserve it."

She sighed and stood up. She held her hand out for him to take. "Killian, let's go eat before the food burns."

He glanced between her eyes and her hand. He hesitantly grabbed it and he stood up. They went back to the kitchen and together finished making breakfast.

Emma knew Killian felt bad about what he did. She could see the guilt in his eyes. That was how he was different than Neal. Neal was never sorry about what he did to her. She knew that being with Killian would have its ups and downs, but in the end they were worth it because they both loved each other. She glanced down at the promise ring on her finger and smiled. 'Everything is going to be okay.'