Chapter 9

Emma and Killian settled down on the couch. They watched stupid cartoons and laughed at how ridiculous they were. She was sitting between his legs and he was leaned up against the arm of the couch. A blanket draped over them both.

"I'm glad you took today off. I missed you." He said wrapping his arms around her.

She giggled. "Well, all it was was a bloody hangover." She said mocking his words.

"No, Swan. I think it's worse." He grabbed his throat and pretended to throw up. "I think you'll have to stay with me for the rest of the week."

She snuggled into his chest. "Yea, right you big baby." She said sarcastically.

"Really, though. I need someone to take care of me. I think I have the flu. Can you take care of me, Em?"

She rolled her eyes and sat up. "What can I get you?"

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her back to his chest. "Lay with me."

Emma snuggled back into her place on his chest. He held her and she listened to his heartbeat. It wasn't calm. It was going a million miles a minute. "Are you nervous?" She asked.

He took a deep breath. "You hear that, huh?"

"Yea. I hear that."

"I don't know. I guess that I'm just scared that I'm going to lose you because I'm not good enough for you. I can't buy you extraordinary gifts like the other guys that have taken interest in you."

She sat up and looked at him. "I don't want things. You bought a ship. And it wasn't even that. It holds memories for both of us. And trust me, no one is going to replace you and I'm not going anywhere."

"Do you promise?" He asked.

Emma laughed and put her hand on his cheek. "I promise."

He laid back down and brought her with him. "I love you."

She nodded. "I know. I'm scared to tell you how I feel. I don't want it taken away from me again."

"Just say it. Please. You don't know how long I've waited for you to say those words."

She shut her eyes and looked down. "I-I don't know if I can."

He put two fingers under her chin and pulled her head up. "No one is going anywhere. It's okay."

She leaned in and pressed a small kiss to his lips. She put her forehead on his, but kept her eyes closed. "I love you."

He pulled away and she opened her eyes. Sitting in front of her wasn't Killian anymore. It was Neal. She backed away but arms wrapped around her, keeping her in place and unable to fight back. Neal smiled wickedly at her. She looked over and Killian was tied up to a chair. A gag in his mouth.

"I'm really going to enjoy what comes next." Neal said as he ran a hand up her leg.

She sat straight up in bed. She looked around the dark room. Without thinking, she called out, "Killian!"

A few seconds later, he burst into the room and sat on the side of the bed and took her head in his hands.

"Are you alright?" He asked worriedly.

She shook her head. "It was a nightmare. You and I were sitting on the couch talking, and I went up to kiss you. When I pulled away, it wasn't you. It was Neal. You were tied up in the corner and couldn't help me, but then I woke up."

He took her in his arms and hugged her. "It's okay. Everything is fine."

"Killian, it felt so real."

"But it wasn't, and that's all that matters. I'm here and he isn't. I'll protect you, and I won't get tied up. Unless it's in the good way." He said with a small smirk. She giggled and he was glad he could get a small laugh out of her. "I promise. You are safe here."

She pulled away and looked into his eyes. They twinkled in the dark as they met hers. "I love you." She paused. Tears welling in her eyes. "God, I love you so much."

He pulled her closer to him and crashed her lips to his. He leaned her back so she was laying down on her back against the pillows and he was partially on top of her. "I love you too." He whispered when he pulled away.

"I was just scared."

"I know, and it's okay."

"So," she started with a smile. "Would you like to go out with me?"

"Yes." He pressed brief kisses on her lips, cheek, jawline, and neck. "I thought you'd never ask."

She put her hands on his chest to push him away and off of her. He stopped placing kisses on her and did what she was asking without saying anything.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled.

"For what?" He asked, but he already knew what she was going to say.

"Pushing you away. I'm just not ready. I can't."

He shook his head and grabbed her hands. "Don't think anything of it. I want you to be comfortable here."

"I already am." She hugged him and pulled him down so he laid beside her. "Lay with me?"

He let out a small laugh. "I already am." He said putting his arm around her.

"I missed this. I missed you. I missed us."

"You never have to again, love, because I'm not going anywhere."

She snuggled into his arms and chest. "I know, because I won't let you." She whispered.

He placed a small kids on her temple. "Can you say it again?"

She turned over and pressed her lips to his in a kiss that left them both breathless. "I love you, Killian Jones."

"I love you too, Emma Swan."

What did you all think? Glad that they are back together?