Chapter 30

Six Months Later...

Emma was now nine months pregnant, and her due date was approaching fast. She was going to have a baby boy, and they both decided to name him Henry.

They were putting the finishing touches to the nursery. Killian was doing the renovation while Emma was telling him where she wanted things put.

"There!" She said. "Right there." Killian nodded and grabbed the hammer. He pounded the nail into the wall and hung the painting up. "It's perfect, Killian. Thank you."

That picture was from the beach in Storybrooke. Robin had taken the picture when him and Regina went out one evening, and Emma had it printed out and put up in the nursery.

Killian's cell phone began to ring. Emma went downstairs and disappeared into the kitchen and he went down to the living room to take the call.

"Killian Jones speaking." He said.

"Hello, Mr. Jones. My name is Phoebe Rivers. I work at the Maine State Prison. I wanted to inform you that-"

"Bloody hell. Don't tell me Neal and Will escaped again."

"No, no. Nothing of the sort. Mr. Cassidy's execution is scheduled for next Tuesday. I don't have anything about Mr. Scarlett."

"Damn. Alright."

"We wanted to know if you and Miss Swan wanted to see him before."

"Aye. I do. I don't think Emma would."

"Don't think Emma would what?" She asked from the doorway.

"Can you hold on one second, Mrs. Rivers?" Killian asked. He then put his phone to his chest and turned to Emma. "Neal's execution. She wanted to know if we wanted to see him before he dies."

Emma took a deep breath and nodded. "I need answers."

He nodded and went back to speaking with Phoebe. Emma turned away and went up to Henry's nursery. She sat down in the rocking chair. She could hear Killian talking to the woman. His voice echoing throughout the house. She bit her nails nervously. She had no idea what to expect when she went into that prison. She knew she didn't want to watch him die, she just needed to talk to him before he was dead.

Meanwhile, Killian was anxious. He couldn't believe that Neal was going to be gone. All they had to worry about was Will, but he was in a maximum security prison. There was no way he was going to escape. Security guards took extra precautions to make sure that either of the men weren't going to be able to escape. But now, one of the guys were going to a place where they wouldn't be able to harm anyone again. And mostly, he wouldn't be able to harm Emma anymore.

Of course, there was going to be the damage that he had already done to her. There was no way he was going to be able to fix that, no matter how much he wanted to. Killian wanted to do whatever he could to take away her pain, but he didn't have magic. He couldn't wipe her memory.

He knew she wouldn't really like the idea, but there was nothing he could do. She had made up her mind, and he wasn't about to change it for her. She already had a lot of stress on her shoulders by carrying the baby and being nine months pregnant. He didn't want to add any more stress and make her uncomfortable. He didn't want start a fight.

He went upstairs and found her in Henry's nursery. She was petting the fake fur on one of the stuffed animals. She looked really relaxed, and Killian didn't want to disturb the moment.

"What's going to happen on Tuesday? What if I get my answers, but I'm not going to be happy about them?" She asked aloud. She hadn't seen him yet, and he wanted to keep it that way. He wanted to see how she was handling this stuff behind closed doors. "Oh, Henry. I'm so sorry." She started to sob and Killian wanted nothing more than to bring her into his arms. "I just hope you're going to like Killian. He is perfect in every way."

He smirked and lightly tapped on the door and pushed it open. She looked up at him and softly smiled. "I'm going to order a pizza, okay?"

She nodded. "Sounds good to me."

"Good." He chuckled. He walked into the room and kneeled in front of her and grabbing her hands. "You're going to make it through all of this. I promise."

"I know." She pulled her hands out of his and folded them in her lap. "I just can't wait for all of this to be over."

"Me too." He kissed her forehead and stood up. "I'll be downstairs. Do you want to join me?"

She slowly nodded and he grabbed her hand and helped her up out of the chair. They went downstairs together and Killian ordered a pizza while Emma sat down on the couch. She groaned dramatically when she found the remote control on the table. It was getting harder to move with her pregnant belly. A few seconds later, Killian came in. He looked at her and smiled.

"What's wrong with my little Swan?" He asked.

"I need the remote. I can't reach it." She grabbed at the air and he laughed. He bent down and handed it to her. "Thank you."

He shrugged and sat down beside her. "It's what I'm here for." As he sat down, Henry decided to use such force and kick Emma's stomach. She gasped and dropped the remote to the ground. "What? What is it? Was that a contraction?"

She laughed and shook her head. "Henry kicked really hard."

"Hey, don't hurt your mum." Killian said with a laugh after he leaned in closer to Emma's stomach. There was a softer kick, almost like an apologetic kick.

"He's going to be so much fun after he's born."

"Aye, and I can't believe I get to watch him grow up."