Chapter 12

I hate you people...😑

Emma was pacing the living room Friday evening. She had some.... Interesting news to tell Killian. She didn't even know how he would react, and she was nervous. She was waiting for him to come back from his shift at work. He worked at the docks moving parts and helping to fix minor damages in the boats. She heard the sound of the doorknob turning. Her heart sped up as he stepped into the house.

He walked in completely ignoring the fact that her presence was even there. He went into the kitchen and pulled out a bottle of rum from the alcohol cabinet and poured some of it into a glass, downing it in one gulp.

"Rough day?" She asked as she leaned in the doorway.

"You have no bloody idea."

She sat down and knew that she couldn't tell him while he was in this state. "Do you want to talk about it?" She looked at his hand that was wrapped around the tumbler. There were cuts on his knuckles. She looked up to his face and saw a bruise that was starting to form on his eye. She stood up and placed her fingers on his face. "Oh my god! What happened? Who did this to you?"

"Don't worry about it, Emma."

"Who did this to you?" She asked with more authority in her voice.

He sighed and looked down at his feet. "Graham. He showed up at the docks and started threatening me. He said that you were too good for me. He said that I wouldn't-" he had to cut himself off. "He said that I wouldn't be able to take care of you and that I didn't deserve you."

She grabbed the tumbler of rum out of his hand and put it down. "All you had to do was talk to me about this."

"I didn't want you to be upset."

"I'm upset because you didn't tell me. No more secrets, okay?"

He looked back up at her and nodded. "Aye. No more secrets."

She took a deep breath and grabbed his hand. "Because of that, there is something I have to tell you."

"What would that be?" He asked sweetly. His mood had changed for the better just by the few minutes of attention he had received from her.

She grabbed his collar and pulled his lips to hers and kissed him for a few moments. Tears built up in her eyes when she pulled away. He grabbed the sides of her face and looked into her eyes. "What? What did I do?" He asked frantically.

She shook her head. "It's not what you did. It's what I did."

"Emma, what's wrong? What happened?"

She looked up at the ceiling while trying to keep the tears away. "I'm pregnant, Killian. I'm so so sorry."

He stood there in silence for the longest time. "How long?"

"What?"

"How long have you known?" He yelled causing her to jump.

"I found out yesterday." She stepped away from the counter. "I'm so sorry. It's all my fault."

He wanted to reach out to her and tell her that it wasn't her fault. That she couldn't control the situation that she was in. He gulped the rest of the rum that was in the glass and poured more. He heard her footsteps go up the stairs and shut the door. He pulled his phone out and called Robin.

"Hey! It's been a while, Killian. How is Emma doing?" He asked.

"She's pregnant. Emma's pregnant." Killian said sighing through the phone.

"That's amaz-"

"It's not mine."

"Oh. What are you going to do?"

"Robin, I love her. I'm not going to throw her out on the streets just because she is pregnant with a baby that isn't mine."

"You're a good guy, Jones. Now go to her and tell her that." Robin said and hung up.

Killian put the phone down and went upstairs. He knocked on their bedroom door and pushed it open. He looked at her laying in the bed. She was holding his pillow as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"I can leave if you want. I know being with someone that is pregnant with a child that isn't yours is hard."

"Leave that for me to decide." He crawled into the bed next to her and put his hand on her stomach. "I don't want you going anywhere. You aren't going to have any babies without me by your side."

She giggled and put her hand over his. "Do you want to take the place of what Neal is supposed to be?"

"If you mean be the father to your child, I'm not sure. It wouldn't feel right."

"It's up to you. Whether you want to or not, I don't care." She turned over and faced him, looking into his sparkling blue eyes. "Are you sure you're okay with this?"

He smiled. "Of course. As long as you are with me, I don't care."

"I love you."

"I love you too. I want you to know, that I will be here every step of the way. Every doctor's appointments, every beginners classes, I'll be here through it all." She sat up and placed her hands on her stomach. He propped himself up on his arm and rubbed her arm and kissed her shoulder. "What's the matter?"

"I'm facing them next week. I'm going to see him. What am I going to say?"

"Nothing. You aren't going to tell Neal anything unless he asks. If he does ask if you are pregnant, tell him the truth, and walk away before he can ask who the father is."

Tears swelled in her eyes again. "He planned this. He had to. He was careful for all that time I was with him. Killian, I am so so so sorry. I know that I can't stress it enough, but I don't want you to be mad."

"Emma, I'm not mad!" He cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead.

"This child wasn't conceived by both of the partners being willing. How can you not be mad?"

"I am mad, but not at you. You didn't have a say in it just like your baby, but this child is apart of you. It will be loved because you are it's mother. It is going to be a survivor."

She smiled. "Do you promise that you'll be here?"

He nodded. He stood up and went to his dresser and pulled out a box before hopping back up on the bed and crawling to her. He pressed his lips to hers and opened the box while she was distracted. He pulled away and she followed his gaze to the heart shaped ring with small diamonds around it. "I promise you, Emma Swan, that I will be here with you. Through thick and thin. I promise you that I would walk through hell to see your face again. This ring is a symbol of my promise to you."

When he looked back up, her hands were covering her mouth. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. "Okay."

"Will you where it?"

She held out her hand and he slipped the ring on her finger. She threw her arms around him and giggled slightly. "Of course I will."