Chapter 24

Emma was in the bathroom putting the final touches on her hair and makeup. Her dress was green that went just below her knees. The dress had a sweetheart neckline and a black belt wrapping around her body, just above the stomach. Gold thread was sewn into it, in little flower patterns. The shoes on her feet were simple gold sandals. Emma's hair was cascading down her back in simple but beautiful curls and waves.

She looked down at her finger and saw her ring. Killian was going to take her out to dinner, so they could do something other than sitting inside.

Butterflies fluttered in her stomach, and it still amazed her that he could still make her feel giddy inside.

Emma went into the living room where Killian sat, wearing a leather jacket, jeans, and a black shirt. Simple, but it still looked amazing. He stood up and grabbed her hands.

"You look gorgeous. Absolutely stunning." He said in awe.

Emma blushed. "Thank you. You look amazing too."

"Shall we go?"

She nodded and they left the house hand in hand.

Dinner went by smoothly with lots of laughing and talking. They were now walking along the beach, staring at the water and how the moon's light bounced off the water. The only sound around them was their breathing and the sound of the waves crashing along the shore.

Emma shivered and they stopped walking. "Swan, do you want my jacket?" Killian asked.

"No, I'm fine."

He didn't take that as an answer. Killian took off his leather jacket and draped it around her shoulders. Emma put her arms in the sleeves and was instantly warmer.

"Better?" Killian asked.

She looked up at him and he had a satisfied smirk on his lips. "Better." She confirmed.

He started leaning in to kiss her when he was pushed to the ground. A dark figure sat on top of Killian as they punched him over and over again. Killian swung his arms up and tried to flip them over, but the person was stronger. He managed to swing one punch at the figure, but he wasn't able to fight. Emma lunged forward but was held back by someone. She scratched and clawed at the hands around her body, but they wouldn't loosen. She heard Killian's grunts and wanted nothing more to help him, but there was nothing she could do. She was beginning to be dragged backwards and was pushed down into the sand as the figure sat on top of her legs and pinned her arms above her head. Emma knew that the person on top of her was a man because he was strong and had the body of a guy. His face was covered with a black ski mask so she couldn't tell who it was.

The guy that was beating up Killian cleared his throat and Emma was released. She laid down in the sand in shock for a moment before getting up and going over to Killian.

"Are you okay?" She asked frantically, holding his head in her hands.

He opened his eyes and smirked at her. "Hey, beautiful."

"Now is not the time to be complimenting me. We have to get you to the hospital!"

"No! No, Swan. I'm not going there. I'm fine. We just have to go home and clean up and I'll be okay. What about you, did he hurt you?"

"I'm fine." She said rather quickly. Emma helped him stand and they walked back to his car.

"What did he do to you?" Killian asked with more authority in his voice.

Emma pushed the gas pedal further and they were home faster than they should have been. "I'm fine." She repeated. She walked around to his side and helped him out and into the house.

Killian sat on the couch while Emma grabbed the first aid kit that was in the bathroom. She sat next to him and dabbed at a cut that was above his eye. He stared at her, not moving or flinching as she worked to clean him up.

"Emma." He grabbed her wrist and pulled her hand away from his face. "What did he do to you?"

She sighed. "There were two. One for you and one to hold me back. The one pinned me down and I couldn't fight. I couldn't help you. It felt like when I was with Neal." Emma sobbed and went back to wiping the rest of the blood away on his face.

"I'm so sorry." Killian apologized, looking down.

"He didn't physically hurt me. It just brought bad memories back."

"But you didn't feel safe. My job as your fiancé is to make sure you are safe, and you weren't."

"But I'm fine. I'm going to call Graham and he is going to make sure that everything is okay. He'll make sure that everyone in the town is safe."

"Okay, love."

Just then, there was a knock at the door. Emma glanced at Killian and went to the door. She opened it and let out the breath she was holding.

"You left your jacket at the station." Graham said when the door opened.

"Graham, hi." She reached for the jacket and held it in her arms. "I was just going to call you."

"Why? What happened?" He asked, his face full of concern.

"Killian and I were attacked. We were coming back from a date and two guys came out of nowhere."

"Are you okay?"

"We're fine, I just don't want this happening again."

"I'll get started on this right away." He grabbed a pen a notepad from inside his jacket pocket. Emma furrowed her brows.

"How'd you get the black eye?"

"I ran into a door after a few drinks." He said a little too quickly. She nodded. "What did the attacker look like?"

"There were two of them. Both of them were wearing black clothes and ski masks. They were both guys."

Graham wrote it down and looked up at her again. "Is that it?"

She thought for a moment, but nodded. "That's it."

"Alright, I'll make a case immediately." He turned to leave when Emma stopped him.

"You better get your eye looked at."

"I will. Thank you, Emma."