Rami Malek x Reader - P.2

Eyes wide open and heart keeping pace with a drummer, you watched the screen on your phone slowly dying with each passing second waiting to see if a response from him would come through. Your interactions were going crazy with your newest tweet as your followers seemed desperate as well basking in the freshness of their new ship. Suddenly, your phone screen lit up with an incoming call.

Zoe

Answer     Decline

Feeling some relief with the sight of a familiar name you quickly answered the call.

"Hello?" you answered trying to hide any signs of anxiousness in your voice though it seemed she already knew what was happening based on the excitement in hers.

"Don't you just Hello me..." she said quickly in her familiar accent so quickly she almost spoke over you. "Tell me everything."

"What are you talking about?" you asked trying to play dumb though unfortunately she say right through your poor act.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. What's going on with you and Mr. Robot over twitter." she half demanded though she had traces of teasing in her voice. "Don't think I haven't been sitting here refreshing the page waiting for a response."

"Okay I have no idea what's going on." you laughed in excitement as you finally broke right to confide in her. "He randomly tweeted me. I really didn't know what to do so I just tweeted back."

"You were flirting back!" she loudly accused clearly sharing the extreme excitement you were in.

"No I wasn't...okay maybe I was." you laughed as she did the same.

Suddenly, she squealed louder than what you would have liked.

"What?" you asked in surprise hoping nothing was wrong with her sudden action.

"He just responded!" she half screamed in your ear. "He just responded!"

"What did he say!" you asked matching her loudness while shifting your body to begin kneeling on the soft cushions of the couch.

A variety of different feelings managed to hit you once as you listened to the rapid clicking of a computer mouse on the other side of the phone. Suddenly, you felt yourself wishing you were back in high school dealing with those boys instead. Even with their intense immaturity at least millions of people weren't watching your interactions or potential rejection over a social media site. 

"He said and I quote "(yr/twitterhandle), you have extremely beautiful eyes."." She read out loud in a serious tone. "I'm not an expert in love or anything but I think you should at least follow him back."

Within a moment, you were back on your feet sprinting toward your desktop clicking wildly on the mouse trying to get it off of sleep mode. Zoe went began to go on about the excitement of the situation but her words weren't completely registering in your ears. The sudden attention from Rami seemed to prioritize itself over everything else. 

Clicking on his profile, you quickly changed the Follow button's color.

"Send him a private message." Zoe urged catching your attention once more.

"No way!" you quickly answered suddenly feeling self-conscious. "What happens if he's just trying to be nice?"

"Boys don't just try to be nice, (y/n)." she half chuckled. "He went out of his way to tweet you about it. He really doesn't even tweet that much from what I can see."

"I just don't know. I don't want to embarrass myself." you told her until a notification came across your messages from his account. "He just messaged me!" you squealed unable to contain your excitement.

"Read it to me! Right now!" she answered half demanding. 

His tiny profile picture appeared at the bottom left side of the screen.

Rami Malek

Hey. You should text me sometime? My number is 213-725-5387.

Your fingers drifted over the keys on the keyboard unsure of what to say. Having read the short message to Zoe, she half begged you to give him your number as well. Different scenarios ran through your head until a brave decision had finally been made. 

"I'm going to text him right now." you declared as confidently as possible. 

"Right now?" Zoe repeated with excitement. "You better keep me updated."

"I will I will." you promised. "I'll text you when something interesting happens."

Saying your goodbyes, your quickly ended the call and tapped on the messanger tab. Tapping on new message, you felt yourself becoming nervous once again as you carefully typed his number into your phone ready for your message. It was just a text and he couldn't see your face but the entire situation made you anxious and wanting to travel back to your pre-school days where guys were nothing special.

Hey this is (y/n). :) you simply texted and quickly tapped send before you could change your mind. And suddenly you found yourself playing the exhausting waiting game again.

~~~To be continued~~~

*DyingLighting note: No one call that number. I found it online and I really don't think its him*