Benjamin x Reader - P.12 - Final

Suddenly, Benjamin came to a sudden stop almost jerking your body completely off of his back. The Cullen house had long been left behind as was the scenery that surrounded the home. Trees still took up the majority of the landscape, however, a large pond that looked to be completely untouched by man rested in the middle of a rather large opening with its water gently moving along with the small breeze.

"What is this place?" you asked in awe looking around examining the area of peacefulness that had been separated from the rest of the restless world.

You found yourself tightening your grip around Benjamin staying in place comfortable on his back not really caring anymore if your weight had been effecting him in any way.

"I passed this place when I first came to visit the Cullens." Benjamin answered softly. "I've never seen a place like this before."

"Me neither. It's just so...innocent." you commented at the perfectness of the area. It was rare to find such a beautiful area that hadn't been bought by a large company for some sort of tourist attracting. Surely, this was a gem that needed to be cherished.

"This might be sudden...but..." Benjamin started to say but stopped himself. His body slightly tensed as he seemed to drift away into his own thoughts.

You watched his body movements still clinging onto him as if he was your protection. He didn't make any movements or attempt to look up from the grassy floor. Instead, he stood completely still as he stared into nothing seeming to gather himself.

"What is it?" you suddenly spoke up as curiosity managed to get the best of you for what he was about to say. "Is something wrong?"

"N-no nothing's wrong." he quickly responded sensing your growing uneasiness at his long silence. "I just have a lot on my mind that's all."

"Well let's talk about it." you suggested starting to feel quite protective over him as well. "You stayed with me through this whole ordeal. I can help you now."

Benjamin stayed silent for a few more moments before you decided to finally hop down from his back allowing your feet to touch the soft grass as well. Moving to finally face him, you put your hands on his hard shoulders and gave him a tiny shake until a small smile formed across his paler lips.

"Come on tell me what you're thinking about." you urged on silently dying to know what he was going to say.

His deep red eyes stared gently back into yours as you begged him to speak. His expression was soft as a dreamy look quickly took over his face. Whatever he had been thinking about moments ago, it had now seemed that he had reached some sort of conclusion.

"Marry me." he suddenly said managing to cease your shaking on his shoulders. The words pours from his lips quickly but with all of the confidence in the world. You felt your face fall from shock as you tried to make sense of what was happening.

"I'm sorry." you began. "What did you just say?"

For a brief moment, you had managed to convince yourself that you misheard him afraid to repeat the words for fear he actually said something different.

"I said Marry Me....well I really should be more romantic that sounded forceful." he commented with a gentle laugh before bending down onto one knee before you. His cold hand lightly grabbed yours as he began to speak again. "(Y/n) (Y/Ln), I just want to apologize for taking your life away so suddenly without your permission. I've acted recklessly and selfishly. But I'm hoping you'll put up with it again and do me the great honor of allowing me to become your husband. I swear I'll protect you and provide for you the best I can..."

"Yes." you interrupted him as he was about to continue on with his proposal. "Yes I will absolutely marry you."

"A-are you sure?" he asked making sure you were sure with your decision. "I don't want you to feel pressured."

"I'm so sure. I've been through a lot of things in such a short amount of time. And the only thing I'm sure of is that I absolutely want to be with you no matter what."

As the final word left your lips, you suddenly felt like the weight of the world had been lifted off of your shoulders. This was happening fast but it was the most welcome event you had ever experienced in your life.

Without hesitation, Benjamin rose to his feet faster than you had ever seen him move. His arms quickly wrapped around your waist pulling you close to his hard body. His forehead rested against yours as you both took a moment to enjoy the embrace.

"I love you so much." he whispered closing his eyes.

"I love you too." you replied with a gentle smile before his lips firmly took their place against yours.

~~~End~~~