Mariah vs. Zabuza

I was ahead of everybody while walking to the bridge. I took my headband off my eye so I could see again. They were waiting for Sakura to get ready so I went ahead. I could sense that Zabuza was nearby, I also sensed another presence most likely the masked boy. I walked towards the bridge and saw mist form.

"I knew you weren't dead," I said with no emotion staring at the two.

"Where's your pathetic team?" Zabuza asked.

"Around, it's just me right now. They'll be here shortly." I said looking at the sky.

"You little brat you should be scared but I hear no fear in your voice!" Zabuza said angrily pointing his sword at me.

"Why should I be scared?"

Then some needles were thrown at me but I caught them in between my fingers.  I stretched out of boredom.

"This is boring, this shouldn't even be an A ranked mission. Maybe a B ranked." I sighed mocking them.

"Who do you think you are little genin? Saying that we're weak?" Zabuza said.

"Well why don't you find out. I'm not telling you so you just have to take off my head band and then you'll know the truth." I teased.

"Haku leave this brat to me," Zabuza said.

"Hehe, well I'm guessing that you won't underestimate me then?"

"There's something strange about you girl,"

He came at me with his sword swunging it at me but I easily dodged by sliding under his legs. I grabbed some kunai from my pockets and started to throw them at him. Only one hit him but it was only a clone. I jumped into the air at the right time when Zabuza came from behind and tried to stab me. I pulled my sword out of its sheath on my back and started to swing at him. Sword vs. sword; Our swords clashed and his weight bared down on mine. I was out strengthed but that wasn't going to stop me. I either had to dodge or get hit. I quickly moved out from under his sword but he got my arm. I hissed in pain but managed to still get away in one piece.

Zabuza came at me again with his sword slashing it towards me. He slammed his sword on mine knocking it out of my hand. He had the upperhand quickly kicking my stomach knocking the wind out of me. I slammed into the ground coughing only to be repeatedly punched not giving me an opening. He kicked my side sending my flying to the other side of the bridge and I had to act fast. I quickly made some hand signs despite my injured arm throbbing in pain and when I was finished giant hands came out of the ground and were heading in Zabuza's direction.

He dodged them a few times but finally got caught in one of the hands grasp. The hand turned into spikes and started to slowly go through his skin. Then Haku stepped in and freed Zabuza making him fall to the ground. He stood up and threw the sword at me cutting my shoulder when I tried to duck. 

"Mariah are you alright?" Kakashi-sensei asked running to my side along with the others.

"You got in the way; I was going to kill him." I stated with an irritated tone.

Kakashi, Sakura, and Sasuke looked at Zabuza then the hand that I summoned. They saw that Zabuza was injured and Kakashi couldn't keep his eyes off the hand.

"Mariah....did...did you do this?" He questioned.

"Yeah and I was about to kill him but you got in the way,"

"Mariah that was a forbidden Jutsu that you used,"

 "So? It gets the job done so it shouldn't matter." I replied.

"You shouldn't even know it, how do you know that Jutsu? And even how can you perform it? That Jutsu takes up a lot of chakra."

"Fine, if you want to fight them by yourself then be my guest but I'm not helping anymore. Why would I help people that I don't care for?" I said walking off and sitting next to the bridge builder. I grabbed my sword and put it back in its sheath.

Kakashi was fighting Zabuza while Sasuke was fighting Haku. Sakura was just standing there doing nothing but acting like she would protect Taunza. I was protecting the bridge builder so she could at least help Sasuke or something. I took off my head band completely and watched the fight between Sasuke and Haku. Haku did some jutsu and my eye started to copy it; it must be a Kekkei genkai. Then Sasuke was having trouble fighting Haku, he wasn't doing well but Naruto came to the rescue.

"Hey Mariah why aren't you helping them?" Sakura asked.

"Because Sensei yelled at me, plus they can take care of themselves."

"They need your help Mariah, that boy is too strong for them!" Sakura shouted with desperation in her voice.

"So you don't have faith in your teammates? And you expect me to solve all of your problems. Sakura you should be helping them, I'm just fine protecting the bridge builder by myself. So if you're worried so much then help them, don't expect me to be the hero all of the time." I said with my eyes closed.

After that Sakura kept her mouth shut and kept staring at Naruto and Sasuke fighting. Then finally something interesting happened. Naruto's anger reached its peak and he let some of the nine tail's chakra take over. It didn't last that long though because Naruto saw Haku's face then Haku committed suicide by getting in the way of Kakashi's lightning blade. I started to memorize it and copy it.

Haku then died protecting Zabuza and all he got in return was laughing. Naruto was yelling at him about it. I stood up and went to Naruto.

"Naruto calm down. It's the way of this world. You can't help everyone and there will be death and sacrifice. I understand if this is the first time that you've seen death but you should get use to it. As you make your way up you will see a lot of people dying even your closest friends." I said with no emotion.

"See the girl gets it. I can tell that she has seen a lot of death in her life since she can say that with no emotion." Zabuza chuckled.

Then Gato showed up with his men telling  Zabuza that he was fired then he got mad and killed Gato. Zabuza was dying so I decided to tell him who I really was. I leaned down and my lips were to his ear.

"My name is Mariah Kira," I whispered.

His eyes widened in shock.

"No wonder you were so strong, I thought your clan was extinct but I guess I was wrong." He said as his dying breath.

 Then the men said that they were still there and the villagers scared the crap out of them. I went over to Sakura who was crying on top of Sasuke.

"This is all your fault Mariah. Sasuke would still be alive if you fought with them." She hissed.

"He did his job as a shinobi Sakura. He risked his life for another person. Plus you could've helped him. I could have protected the bridge builder while you help them fight." I reminded her.

She was about to yell some more but Sasuke started to open his eyes. Then Kakashi called me over.

"Mariah can I talk to you," Kakashi asked.

I walked over to Kakashi.

"That Jutsu, where did you learn it?"

"I learned it from my mom; she taught me a lot of Jutsus' when I was little."

And with that I walked away. Once the excitement was over, we headed back to Tazuna's house and got all patched up. I got some bandages and wrapped up Sasuke healing him in the process. Then I went onto Naruto. He was completely healed so I didn't need to do anything to him. After everyone was almost completely healed we said our goodbyes and headed back into the village.

Sorry its a little short but I'll upload tomorrow so don't worry my friends ^_^