Anniversary

As we were walking back to the village everyone was talking to each other but they were leaving me out of their conversations.

"I guess they have a right not to talk to me. I didn't help them and they could have died. Oh well I guess I deserve it anyway, and I'm use to it. No one ever talks to me. My presence hasn't been acknowledged since my clan had died; everyone forgot about me even the Hokage." I thought.

We traveled the rest of the way with Naruto talking to Sasuke and Sakura but not me of course. We reached the gates of the village and they walked to the Hokage's office to report.

"You guys go on, I don't want to be a bother." I said in a depressed voice.

I walked to the forest and sat in a tree. I looked up at the sky and got lost in my imagination. It's a place where someone wouldn't want to be. All you see is destruction, mayhem, death, people being tortured, and somewhere in all of that is a very strange place where everything is completely weird. You don't want to be in my mind.

"Seven years has gone so fast," I sighed.

Today was the day when I couldn't keep everything bottled up and pretend nothing happened. Today is a reminder that the girl I once was has died along with everyone else and the day I was reborn. I was so useless and couldn't help anyone. If one person from my clan survived, I think I would jump for joy but I know it is only a fantasy. I've felt so alone for so long and now I'm stuck with this team. I will make up for my mistakes and protect these genin. No one will die on my watch.

(Kakashi's POV)

We walked into the Hokage's office and we told him everything that happened. After we reported the mission to him I asked Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto to go home and get some rest.

"Lord Hokage, are you aware that Mariah is very powerful?" I asked.

"Yes I know. If she falls into the wrong hands, this village will be destroyed. I don't know if you realized this Kakashi but she isn't fond of the village." He replied.

"She used a forbidden Jutsu and she fights really well. I think that all this time she's been holding back. She's really smart probably a genius and she packed a lot of ninja weapons in her bag and even her clothes. She came to the mission over prepared. I think that she's at least Chuunin level." I explained.

"I never thought that she would become so powerful. I'm glad that she keeps her eye covered though. I hope that Orochimaru doesn't recognize her or else we'll be in trouble. Keep an eye on her at all times Kakashi. You may leave now." He said while smoking his pipe.

"Yes sir," I replied and headed home.

I was walking in the forest and saw Mariah sitting in a tree sleeping on a very high branch. She looked peaceful sleeping, but I was worried that she would fall like last time. Then a kunai was thrown at me, it almost hit me.

(Back to Mariah's POV)

I had my eyes closed still in my imagination but I was distracted by footsteps. The person wasn't sneaking up on me because he or she was too loud and they didn't lower their chakra level. I threw a kunai at the person with my eyes closed. He or she dodged it and then I heard a book fall on the ground; just by that I knew that it was Kakashi.

"Kakashi I know that your there so just come out," I said looking up at the moon.

He appeared on the branch next to me. He just stared at the sky like I was.

"The sky is the same as that night; it's been seven years from this day." I sighed.

"Is that why you left earlier so that you can be alone with your thoughts?" He asked.

"Pretty much, I like to be left alone on this day and just stare up at the stars and moon. No one talks to me anyway; they all say that I'm better off dead or that the ANBU should have killed me right after my clan died."

"Well we all don't believe that. We believe that you're a very strong ninja and we're glad that you're still alive." He replies and then left.

"Is that really true? Could someone really care about me and not want me to disappear?" I thought.

I decided to stay in the tree since I didn't want to go home anyway.

Yeah this chapter is really short but I had to make it short because next is a filler!!! My favorite filler of all time! It's episode 194 in Shippuden when they're having all the flashbacks if you're wondering. It's sooooooo funny so I couldn't resist not putting it in my story :D