Chapter 10

"Death twitches my ear;
'Live,' he says...
'I'm coming."
- Virgil

CORA'S POV:

Training started at eight in the morning.

      I dressed into the robe that was placed in the wardrobe, and fastened my Lightsaber in the holster.

Damñ it felt good to have my Saber back, it fueled me, and made me feel empowered.

After pulling on a pair of boots, and pulling my hair up, I walked to Kylo's room, which coincidentally...was next to mine.

He was outside the door before I knocked.

His dark hair looked sleep ridden, his eyes looked lighter from a good nights sleep, he wore the same robe as mine, his saber already in place.

     Giving my training attire a once over, he nodded in approval, before walking to wherever the training rooms were.

We passed many Stormtroopers, all of them in which bowed there heads to us as we passed.

Oh that's right. I'm a Lord aboard this ship.

We came to a massive room, with hard flooring, and beams spread along the ceilings, and walls.

Matts were placed along the borders of the walls, and weapon tables were in every corner.

"Since I am not your master, and you are already trained. We will work on enhancing your already present skills."

I nodded and crossed my arms in front of me.

"Let's start hand-to-hand." He said as he put his saber down.

I followed his lead, and faced him.

He was the first to strike, making an attempt to slash me with his forearm, and I dogged.

Sliding under him, I made an attempt to strike his neck from the back.

But he was faster than I thought, he spun around, and grabbed my wrists.

"You need to anticipate you opponents moves. When he's two steps ahead of you, you are four."

I tried to pull out, but his grip remained strong.

I closed my eyes, used the force, and looked up to see a beam falling.

He looked up in surprise, and I used that to my advantage as I flung backwards, landing gracefully as he dodged the falling beam.

Cheating. I heard him mutter into my head.

That's how you win. I said back and yelled out before I attacked him full-on.

I felt a pain in my side as he slashed me, and kicked me until I fell to my knees.

His hair was in front of his eyes as he looked at me, blowing a strand away, he lectured.

"Your skills are all though impressive, you lack tactics. Although you use strategies and tactics, you have a bad habit of acting upon rage."