Chapter 25

"We feel most alive when we are closest to death."

-Nenia Campbell

The Mos Eisley Cantina was crowded to say the least, and the outfit that Kylo had given to me was anything but my style.

It was incredibly feminine, with frilly sleeves and a tight flowered bodice. My hair hung down my sides in long waves, and the blush that was powered onto my face gave me a sweet and innocent look...which I was not.

Kylo wanted me to lead Kaiyus into a less populated area, where he was likely to make less of a scene.

I sipped on a foul, gasoline tasting beverage, and waited until I could sense his presence.

I watched as people came and went, their appearances were so unlike anything I had ever seen.

From green to blue coloured skin, from one foot tall to twelve...it was different.

I continued my scouting, until I sensed it.

A...different presence. I felt the physical strength he possessed, but when I looked at him, he looked nothing like I imagined.

Instead of a middle aged harsh looking man, I saw a pale man with bleach white hair, and dark green eyes.

He, like Kylo, looked to be in his mid to late twenties, and I found that if it wasn't for his menacing scowl, he might be considered attractive.

As if sensing me, his green eyes found mine, and I remembered to  turn on my innocent act, as I fluttered my eye lashes and offered him an idiotic smile.

He looked me over, and I tasted his uncertainty, I went into his mind and saw that he thought I was a whore of sorts...pretty, but too girly looking. He also didn't like the blouse I was wearing, the lemony distaste stung my tongue.

Asshole.

I approached him nevertheless, remembering to keep the nice girl act on.

Kylo was so going to pay for this.

"Hi there."  I said with a small smile.

He looked at me, and now that I was closer I saw the dark drawings and symbols that covered his neck, and seemed to go lower down to his chest,

"Hi." He said, his voice was dark and deep.

He was close now, too close, and I had to up my act.

He had a strong physical build, but not as strong a mind, and I found it easy to read him.

He had killed many, his thoughts tasted sour and foul.

I bit down on my lip and gave a regretful sigh.

"I have to go..." I said, my voice low and seductive.

"Why is that?"

"My boyfriend..."I looked over to the door as if he would be there "he is expecting me."

"Really?" He took another impossible step towards me, his thoughts changed from murderous to wanting, I cringed and hated Kylo for telling me to do this.

Kylo... I said through our link

What?  He answered immediately.