Chapter 18

"I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

-Alice in wonderland

KYLO REN'S POV:

"You are becoming weak..." Snoke's raspy and deep voice stated.

He had called me in this morning, making me leave Cora.

She slept the entire night, whimpering in her sleep.

I understood why she acted the way she did...

just imagine it.

If you've never felt emotions other than anger, and pain...and you suddenly feel this, feeling that is nothing you have ever experienced. Everything you know is changed because you don't know what you're feeling.

Like me- Cora has been trained since birth to be a killer, but Cora had never been exposed to anything. She had lived in the same ship, in the same room, only going down to planets to brutally murder strangers. She never had anyone to talk to, and from what I can see...she was hurt. Hurt, anger, pain and rage bring out the dark side.

Cora is as dark as it gets.

She lived her life as a robot, and then suddenly...she begins to feel human.

I couldn't imagine what she was feeling.

But this compassion, I was feeling, it's a weakness....

I clenched my jaw, keeping myself from denying the truth.
.

"Emotionally." He finished, and I looked up from the leather in my gloves. My eyes connecting with his beady black ones.

"Cora...is distracting you." He said, no emotion through the lace in his voice, his face a monotone.

She is.

"I am sending you, with divisions nine, and eleven. You will go alone otherwise. This mission is purely for you to gain...distance."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, "What will I be doing?"

He leaned back in his seat with a hiss, "You will be posted on tattooine. Your mission is to kill anyone and everyone who has a link to Luke Skywalker. Anyone who has even spoke to him in the past hundred years, or so much as looked at him. You will kill."

I nodded, "After that?"

He was becoming impatient, "Go to Endor. You will wait for my orders then."

I took a step back, and began to leave when I turned around.

"Supreme leader...how long will I be gone?"

He slithered a grin, "A long time. You're a killer, Kylo Ren. As is Cora, if killers became close...who would be their prey?"

With that...he was gone.

And little did I know, but the second I left, the second I left Cora...without so much as a goodbye. The second I left...so did every small scrap of my humanity.