Chapter 31

"What do you do when the one person you want comfort from the most is the one who caused your pain? How can I want so desperately for him to wrap me up in his arms but also want so much for him to leave me alone."

-Amanda Grace

After Kylo left me speechless,  I found myself angry that I had let my guard down.

I went into the training rooms to cope.

I spent the entire rest of the day, and the whole night training.

Fighting, punching, hitting, kicking.

I was restless.

Stress had gotten to me.

I felt anxious and nervous.

I didn't know why.

I was feeling the stress that Kylo should be. I was taking on his emotions.

Ever since I went in his head, I couldn't get his feelings out of my head.

It also didn't help that he almost kissed me.

Kylo made me feel different. No one has ever made me feel the way that Kylo made me feel.

It's something warm inside of me, something that made me feel a little less evil.

I didn't like it.

I didn't want to like it.

That warmth that seemed to unthaw the frost around my heart. The cold that was me.

I had locked myself in the training rooms. Both Kaiyus and Eryk had tried to get in but I had barricaded myself inside.

I had never had this feeling of comfort before. The feeling that I now seemed to get whenever he was around. The warmth that pooled inside of me.

It was excruciating.

I sat in the middle of the room, my legs tangled on the mat, and I sat perfectly still.

I felt the force through everything around me, the breath of every object in the room.
I felt the energy flowing around me as I tried to calm myself.

It was obvious that physical excursion wasn't going to mend the ache that I felt, so I decided to try mental coping.

I took in long breaths as I continued to focus.

I only opened my eyes when I suddenly felt myself lifting off the ground, the force was powerful within me, and I felt the energy flowing freely.

There was a sudden knock at the door and I sensed Kylo's power as he approached.

"Cora. Open up."

My connection dropped and I fell to the ground.

I stood frozen as Kylo pulled on the knob. I heard his temper and nerves through his voice.

"Cora...open the door"

I said nothing, my heart was pulsing.

I suddenly heard the woosh of the saber, and red sliced through the locked door.

My saber was immediately drawn, red bled through it as I held it in front of me.

The door burst open, and there stood a very angry, and attractive, Kylo.

He was dressed head-to-toe in black. A cape was draped around his black pants and tight shirt.

His hair was ruffled, and his eyes looked tired.