Chapter 23

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

~Edgar Allan Poe

RensLightsaber

KYLO POV:

We boarded the ship.

Her reluctant body trailed closely behind me.

"Does Snoke approve?" She asked as she observed the surroundings of the ship.

Snoke had told me to find Luke Skywalker, and to strengthen the relationship I had with Cora.

I was doing both, hitting two birds with one stone.

"Yes." I said, as I lead her further on board.

She turned to me and frowned, "it is just us on board? I sense no other presences."

My jaw clenched at this, she was acting too...stiff, but I suppose with her that's expected.  "Cora, we are going to be working together, we have to be...partners. I can't be your partner when you don't seem to want to give me the chance."

She bit down on the inside of her cheek, and looked up at me...I hadn't noticed the way her eyes widened unknowingly when she spoke, or the way that she looked at me from under her lashes.

It annoyed the fuck out of me.

I signed and walked past her, pushing her out of my way as I walked.

CORA'S POV:

Did he just push me?

I sighed as I caught up with him.

"Hey, partner. What's the plan?" I asked, as I looked up at his looming figure.

I guess I hadn't noticed the alluring attraction that he somewhat possessed.

His dark hair, and even darker eyes. His eyes had this terrible rage inside of them, they were filled with a storm...an unforgiving cloud of rage.

He had this built height, and he had pale shadowed skin

His gaze softened, and I turned away, my face turning to stone.

"Well first." He stopped in the middle of a crowded hall. "You need to bathe, there's blood in your hair."

I stiffened when I felt the warmth of his hand on the tips of my long thick hair.

Head pooled into my face as I noticed the red tinge to my hair and I pulled away from him.

He looked away, and motioned to a series of doors.

"This is you." He said as he motioned to the door. "I'll be waiting in my room, when you're done, meet me inside my room so we can discuss a plan of action."

He pushed past me, and walked into a room directly next to mine, slamming the door as he left me alone to sulk.

I sighed and pushed my way into a small, overflowed room.

There was a small bed, and wardrobe, with a connecting bath.

My body ached from the soars of my days, my body protested as I kept going.

I trudged into the bath, warming the water before I stripped down.

I frowned at the yellow tinge my lower thigh had, just hours ago it was a bright purple bruise.

I suppose I heal rather quick.

I bit down hard on my cheek as I turned up the heat of the shower, until the water was boiling.