Chapter 30

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody."

~Mark Twain

CORA POV:

It was the day after my 'interaction' with Kaiyus.

We had begun our journey.

It would take us only two days to reach our destination and I felt myself becoming more relaxed around the people surrounding me.

It was a weird feeling. Having those around me who made me feel comfortable. Kylo especially.

Never in my entire life would I have thought I would consider Kylo Ren an ally, let alone the closest companion that I had.

I dressed into a black fitted shirt, with pants that tucked into my boots. I winced as I ran a comb through my hair, the blow that Kaiyus made at my head hurt like hell. Every part of me was sore, and I reminded myself not to have another 'training session' with Kaiyus.

I made my way to the small cafeteria on board. It was a small room, larger than most on board, but still small. It had a kitchen that had, so far, been untouched.

We had been surviving off of pre-made meals, but our supplies was running low, and I cursed myself for not thinking to re-stock on Eryk's planet.

Eryk, Kaiyus, and Kylo sat in silence, their eyes locking onto me as I walked in.

Kaiyus and Eryk always looked at me the same, they looked at me with a sense of respect, and awknowlagement.

But Kylo looked at me...differently.

He looked at me with eyes full of curiosity. He looked at me with eyes that wanted to know.

I took a seat in front of Kylo, his eyes trailing me.

"We need a plan for when we reach Skywalkers location." I stated, I didn't dwell on the events that had happened only a bit ago.

I moved on.

Kylo cleared his throat. "We don't know what he has planned, we don't know if he's expecting us or who he's with. Luke Skywalker is one of the biggest threats we will ever face, he's trained in the ways of the force. Ways of the light, ways we have never known."

I set my jaw, "as am I. I will take care of Skywalker, and I will kill whoever he is with."

Kylo glared at me, "no. We will kill him. You are not alone Cora."

Eryk cleared his throat, "he is said to be training new Jedi."

Something stirred in Kylo's stance, he became uneasy, his eyes serious.

"All of his apprentices were killed many years ago, they are all dead."  He sounded like he was hoping what he said was true.

I stopped myself from commenting on the fact that he was the one who killed them all.

Eryk shook his head, "some of them apparently lived. Whoever tried to kill them all, didn't check to see they were all dead. I heard some of them still live, and more were recruited. If we go, we may face great difficulty killing them all."

Kylo was pale, his eyes showed confusion as he tried to process the information Eryk was giving.

"how do you know this?" Kylo asked, his posture was rigid and his face was stone.

"When word spreads that Jedi are being recruited, it's not easily missed. Rumors have been spreading."

I glanced over o Kylo. He was still, his eyes dare and deep in thought.