∞CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN∞

"We have to get out of here, now!"

"We need that serum!"

"Aria, are you insane?! We're not going in there just for that prize!" Cara exclaims.

"No, we need it because if they have it, their super soldiers will be immortal. Nothing will stop them from getting what they want."

"So, then, what? We take it and run?"

"Seems like the only option..."

"What about the scientists?" Melody brings in another problem. "Are they just going to let us grab it, really?"

"I'm going to guess... Nah. Probably not," Jack says. "But we're the ones who are superhuman. Not them."

"That's true, really we can just send Nate in to get it."

"Yeah, I don't know where it is. Bree is the one who says she saw it."

"I did see it!"

"The doors are locked anyway. Jen, can you phase us–"

"All government scientists, please evacuate the building for your own safety. Do not engage with any being on the outside!" A booming voice says, sounding like it came from a speaker.

"Okay. Now what?" Shaun throws his hands into the air

"Now..." I sigh. "Now we just run."

"Fine by me!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

"I think we should split up," Shaun says after we stop against some trees to rest.

"What?!" I look over in alarm.

"If they find us, they're going to find us all."

"No, we made a deal about this!" Melody panics.

"Nuh uh, we made a deal about leaving people behind. We should split into smaller groups, for safety."

"That is not safety, that's... The opposite!"

"Hey guys," A girl wearing green –meaning she is a Thirteen– walks out from behind a tree.

Everyone's eyes widen.

"Oh, h-hey there..." Melody replies.

"Sorry about this," The girl shrugs.

"About what...?"

She smiles, throws her hands into the air, and then back down to the ground again, causing a terrifying sound, and a force that throws us all backwards about twenty feet.

I fall against a tree, and it reminds me of one of the simulations I had. Sadly, It's a whole lot more painful in real life.

"Oh g– oh the pain," Jason groans beside me.

"Hey, hey, you're okay," I wince and stand up.

"Yeah, just gimme a minute. The heck was that?" He gasps. "Knocked the breath right out of me. I think my lungs momentarily collapsed."

"I think you'd die if that happened."

"That felt like a sonic boom," Anna says, stunned. She's sitting on the ground enveloped in a bubble with a barely noticeable purple tinge to it.

"Anna, I have an idea, and it's going to hurt," I say with a bit too much enthusiasm.

"Jason, she's gone mad."

"Put down the force field," I command.

"Okay," She sighs and does it.

I walk over to her, every step hurting from my fall. "We need to test it out first."