∞CHAPTER TEN∞

((Thank you TjaneBooks for the banner/cover 😍 ❤️  I love it so much ))

"The first elimination will be over one week. This first elimination will be based on how well you get along with other people. So, it's a safe and easy one. If you fight or repeatedly cause arguments, you will be leaving us," She says, ending her speech.

"This will be fun! I love people!" Melody says happily from behind me.

I turn around and see all of my friends waiting for me. They want me to go to the pool with them. "Um, we don't have bathing suits?" I laugh.

"Yeah, we do! In our closets! Creepy how they know what size we all are huh?" Jen says, and starts to lead us back to our rooms.

"Yeah.. It is.." Again, I feel suspicious of what's happening around here. Maybe I should look around more? To figure stuff out? But instead, I decide to ignore that thought and go to the pool with my friends.

I mean, if something bad was going to happen we wouldn't be in such a nice place! Right?

The pool is huge, and there are like, fifty water slides! We spend at least three hours there before going to the cafeteria. Which by the way, smells like pizza and cookies! Today, instead of being greeted by the sound of laughter, we come in and hear shouts and screams.

Everyone is crowded around in a circle, so I push my way through to see what's going on. Two boys and a girl are in the centre, fighting. Why is no one stopping them?!

"Stop it!! Stop!" I scream.

I'm about to go try to pull them away from each other when someone stops me. From the colour of his shirt I see that he is a Nineteen.

"If you go in there, you'll be eliminated! They'll think you were fighting!" He exclaims.

I don't even have time to think about what he said, because two big, uniformed guards walk in and pull the three off of each other. They then escort them out, and they never come back.

•••

Later, after we had supper, a man's voice fills the room. "Hello! These are the daily announcements. Everyday at this time you are required to stop what you're doing and pay attention."
The voice emphasized the last part.

"Today's announcements," the voice continues, "Three of you have been eliminated for fighting, two Twelves and a Thirteen."

Wow, we're down to 397 already.

The announcements continue, but it's nothing overly interesting. That is, until they get to the end.

"And lastly, could Aria Parker please come to office 4B on the west side? Thank you, and have a goodnight chosen."

Oh, no. No, no, no, no! What if they thought I was trying to go fight too? I was only trying to stop them! Am I going to be send away? I can't be! This is bad, so so bad!

"Aria!" Nate's worried voice says from behind me. "I'll walk with you, come on."

"Okay," I reply quietly as he grabs my hand and pulls me towards the hallway.

We walk silently towards office 4B. I'm actually glad he doesn't try to talk, I don't know what I'd say.

I open the door to the office and a smiling woman in her early twenties greets us.

"Aria! And your friend Nate, good, I was hoping you'd come too! Come in, both of you. You can sit there." She points to a set of chairs across from her desk.

I look back at Nate, who looks nervous, but he sits down anyway.

"Am I going to be sent home?" I ask.

She looks surprised. "No! Of course not! Why would you think that?"

"Because of the fight. The cameras saw me didn't they?"

"Yep, they saw you," she smiles. "They saw that you tried to help, even though you most likely knew it could mean elimination."

Oh thank goodness.

"She's like that," Nate cuts in. "I haven't known her long but she seems like the person who would do just about anything to help someone."

The woman smiles again. "We think both of you show a lot of potential. Keep it up. You can go back to whatever you were doing now."

Okay, that was a short meeting.

We walk out and back down the hall.
When we're halfway to the movie theatre where we said we'd meet Carrie, Jen, Melody and Jason, I stop.

"You didn't have to do that," I say.

He gives me a quizzical look. "What do you mean?"

"You didn't have to say that about me, thank you, but you didn't have to."

"Aria, what I said was true!" Nate laughs.

Now I'm the confused one. "Really?"

"Yeah."

I smile and continue walking.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hey guys!!
Wow, thanks for voting and reading! I did not expect to get anywhere near 75 votes!

Sorry I've been so lazy and haven't posted a chapter in a while. I'm trying to be more focused! Lol

Well, thanks again guys!
Love you all!
And don't forget to keep voting! 😊