∞CHAPTER NINE∞

((Thank you 7WeeksOfWinter for the awesome banner))

Suddenly a blank space on the wall lights up. Carrie gasps as words appear on the bright space of the wall.

Hello, Aria and Caroline. We hope you enjoy your room. When you are ready, please make your way to the task room.

"What's the task room?' Carrie asks me, as I look over to the map.

"I dont know. It's a medium sized room, compared to the other ones I mean. Its still huge! And, from it's name I'm guessing we're going to be given something to do."

The two of us get to the task room within five minutes. I watch the others arrive, until the woman from earlier comes onto the stage.

"Hello," she smiles. "I am sure you are all very excited, and anxious to learn what I meant when I said some of you would be eliminated."

Some of us nod as she continues.

"Well, there were four hundred of you chosen at random. We cannot give 'super powers' -as i heard some of you call the abilities- away to people that will not, or cannot, use them the right way. You will be given tests, and at the end of all these you either be eliminated or told you can stay."

"How many of us do you think will be leaving?" a girl asks slowly, as if not really wanted to know the answer.

"Some where between three hundred and three hundred and fifty," The woman replied.

I realized she had a name tag on, so i moved closer to see it. It says Mrs. Dawson.

"What?!" Someone screams. "That many are leaving?"

"Yes," Mrs. Dawson replied simply.

Oh wonderful, as if this competition wasn't going to be hard enough. Now we're not just competing to be infinite, we're competing for only 50-100 chances for Abilities!

"Oh! One last thing! If you are found assaulting or sabotaging another of the chosen you will be immediately eliminated," she says.

I smile at this.
Unless Clair and Shaun somehow turned into different people, I knew they would try to mess someone up. Sadly, that someone would probably be me or my friends.