∞CHAPTER THIRTEEN∞

I wake to someone gently shaking me by my shoulders. Is Carrie waking me up? Odd, I'm usually up before her. Oh right, I remember now. I was watching a movie with Nate last night, and I fell asleep.

"Aria? Come on, wake up now," He whispers in my ear.

"What time is it?" I ask sleepily.

"Six."

"Six? Nate, we don't have to be at breakfast until Seven thirty!"

"I know, but we're technically not allowed out of our rooms until we go to breakfast. We were here all night, so we need to get to our rooms before we get in trouble!"

"I'm too tired to walk all the way there," I groan.

"Fine," he replies and picks me up bridal style, causing me to laugh.

"Shhh your laughter will draw attention to yourself," he warns, but I can tell he's on the verge of laughter as well. He rounds a corner and my legs bang into the wall.

"No more attention than you carrying me down the halls and smashing my legs into the walls will bring!" I tease.

"I know, I know. I'll go into stealth mode now," he grins.

"Nate the ninja!" I say in mock amazement.

"Oh, yes. You've been warned Aria, don't get on my bad side. I'll ninja kill you."

"Ninja kill?" I roll my eyes.

"No one will find the body, be afraid. Very afraid," he says evilly.

"You're such a weirdo, why do I put up with you?"

"How dare you!" He laughs. "I carried you all the way here! Plus you know you love me. Don't even try denying it," he says with a smirk as we stop at my door.

"You're so full of yourself Nate," I blush.

He turns the nob and pushed open the door, then walks to my bed and sets me down.

"Nope, you love me."

"Whatever you say. Well, thanks for carrying me Ninja," I smile.

"Is that my new nickname?" He looks pleased.

"Mmhm."

"Awesome, see you at breakfast," He says as he walks out the door.

"See you."

I smile happily as I get changed into a pair of black leggings, black boots, and a blue tunic top. After a few minutes Carrie starts to roll over on her yellow blanketed bed. I hadn't even noticed she was here! She opens one eye, groans and throws a pillow over her face.

"Good Morning sleepy one," I try to pry the pillow off of her head, but after a few tries I give up and go to open the window.

"Good riddance," she mumbles as I walk away; but when I open the window she screams.

I burst out laughing. "Are, are you... awake... yet?

"Stop laughing." She snaps.
She never was a morning person.

"Oh come on, you'd be laughing too!"

"No, I'd be asleep!"

I manage to pull her out of bed, and twenty minutes later we're heading to breakfast. As we walk into the cafeteria, Jason runs up and starts talking to Carrie, so I decide to go find Nate, Melody, and Jen. Well I find them alright. I find Melody sitting on Nate's lap, with one arm around him. A horrible sinking feeling fills my stomach, I turn away and decide to go back to eat with Carrie and Jason. Its weird, we all usually eat together.

•••

Only ten minutes after breakfast we are lead to the white rooms with our cylinders. It's starts out just as it normally does, I get inside, it lights up, and I start following the instructions. Today though, it gets harder and harder, until it's almost impossible to do some of the instructions. Eventually it powers down, leaving me in the glass cylinder to wait until it's unlocked. Then, it lights up again and words are written across it. It says, Brain growth: Affirmative. Memory: Compatible.
Yes! I did it! I made it in! "I did it," I whisper happily to myself.

I smell a sweet, cherry blossom like smell, and look up to see a purple mist rolling in from the top of my cylinder. I sniff again, wondering what the beautiful smell is. Suddenly, I can't breathe. No air is making its way to my lungs. I bang on the sides of the cylinder, trying to alert someone.

"Help! Help! Get me out of here! I scream.

No one comes to my rescue. I keep kicking at hitting the sides of it, but with the lack of oxygen I quickly become weak and fall to the floor. "Help me.." Is the last thing I say before drifting away into the dark oblivion of unconsciousness.

💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

Hey guys! I hope you like the chapter!
What do you think is happening to Aria!?
Does Jason like Carrie?
One last question for you, what's the better ship?
Naria (Nate and Aria)
Or
Melodate? (Melody and Nate)
Thanks for reading!
~Ann!e 🔥

💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥