∞CHAPTER FORTY THREE∞

Hey guys! Before you start reading the chapter, I want you to know that the winners for the #InfiniteFanContest are announced at the end authors note :) In case you've been waiting.
Also, check out "Stories of the Chosen." For more stories in the Infinite universe!

********

"There are only five more to open," Paige tells me, yawning. Her eyes are red and bloodshot with greyish bags under her slightly drooping eyes. She looks exhausted. All of them do really. I wish I had some food to give them, they haven't eaten in so long.

"What time is it?" I inquire.

"It's been an hour since they got back," she answers the question I had really been wanting to ask.

"Thank you." I give her a small smile and help with one of the last five eliminated not yet released.

Nate and Anna had gone to the other building where we first saw the scientists and the infinity serum. Anna managed to figure out everything in it, and had gotten to work recreating it. When they got back, she told me that it would be a while before it was done and we could go back for it. She could only make enough for one person at a time, so when it's done there will be enough for two. Then she'll need to start the long process again.

"Hey there," I smile at the Chosen I just released.

"What happened?" He looks around at everyone.

"Paige!" I wave her over, feeling guilty to ask more of her. "Here, she'll explain, okay?"

"Oh oh okay..."

I wouldn't have given her another job, except someone had appeared in the doorway. Every thirty minutes someone comes in to let me know we're still safe. This time, it's Nate.

"Aria, we need to get everyone out of here. Things are getting worse by the minutes. There's less fighting, more hiding now... but I think they're making their way back to the lab building."

"For the serum?" I ask.

"For everything. While Anna was getting it ready, I looked over what they have. The formula for the abilities is there, and for safely replacing memories. We have to get rid of everything."

"Okay, but Nate?" I lower my voice.

"Yeah?" He leans closer, evidently because of my change in tone.

"The security cameras we saw? They weren't all for here."

"What do you mean?" He tucks a piece of hair that fell from my ponytail behind my ear and looks into my eyes with a concerned expression.

"I uh." I feel flustered from the way he's staring, and turn my head away while blushing. "There isn't enough room here for them all. We searched the entirety of the building, there should be twenty more chosen. Including Carrie. There just isn't enough room in here."

"Where do you think they are?" He asks. "The lab?"

"I don't know, but I want to come with you and look."

"Okay," He says. "We have to be quick."

"Like you have a problem with doing that." I raise my eyebrows.

He lets out a short laugh and rolls his eyes. "Come on then sweetheart."

"Sweetheart eh?" I smirk. "Really?"

"W-well you're my girlfriend now?" He blushes.

"Am I?" I tease. "I don't remember agreeing to any commitment..."