∞CHAPTER FIVE∞

We walk over to the train, and up the two small steps to get inside. I look around the first room we enter; There are rows and rows of shiny, metal bunk beds with turquoise blankets and matching pillows. The walls are painted a very light, sky blue.

Hm. This is a lot of blue...

Jen turns to me in surprise. "We're sleeping on the train?!"

CeCe hears her and replies. "We will be spending one night on the train before arriving at our destination. We'll have three stops before we arrive."

"Okay, thanks." She says.

I wonder, where will we be stopping? And what city is our destination?

And of course, I'm excited just from being on a train! I've never been on a train before!

CeCe turns to the group, and says in a voice loud enough for everyone to hear, "Girls will be on the top bunks, boys on the bottom. You can pick your bunks now."

I pick the last bunk in the line and set my jacket and bag on it. I don't have much in my bag, just my wallet and a pack of gum.

There is a whiteboard attached to the end of the bed, and I write my name on it. Nate writes his name beside mine, because he picked the same bunk, only the bottom part of course.

Jennifer picks the bunk next to ours.

We sit on Nate's bunk and talk about where we think the train might stop; And what we think this year will be like.

After about an hour I feel the train come to a stop. I look at the clock, three thirty it says. I can't believe how fast the day has been going by. I have no clue what's going to happen, and that is the most exciting, terrifying, feeling ever.

CeCe speaks again. "This is not a stop where we will be getting off. You may walk around the parts of the train available to Sixteens. The other parts are locked."

"Let's look around the train," Jen stands up and says.

Nate and I nod our heads and get up to follow her through a doorway. Through the door is a hallway with six bathrooms, three say girls, three say boys. I peek inside the first bathroom.

"Ooo! Fancy!" Jen says excitedly, eying the marble floors and pearl coloured sinks.

Nate turns to me, "Why do you think we have such fancy stuff on this train? we're only going to be here for a day and a half."

"Nate don't you know? We're Special. We are the chosen ones." I say in as serious of a voice I can manage.

"What a responsibility," He grins.

CeCe walks up behind us. "If you think this is fancy, come see the dining room."

She walks towards a large wooden door.

"A dining room on a train?!" Jen exclaims, running after her.

We follow Jennifer and CeCe.

The dining room is amazing.

A long, gold painted, wooden table is in the middle of the room, with fifty matching chairs lined up around it.

There are silver knives and spoons on light blue silk napkins and the plates are made of sky blue china.

To top it all off in the very middle of the room is a crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling. And the crystals, are blue.

"Wow," Jen says beside me.

"Yeah," I reply, still looking over the room. I still want to find out what blue signifies, or why it seems to be so important.

• • •

Please vote and comment!
Thanks for reading!
I know this chapter was kind of boring, I promise it will get better! Lol