Chapter 12. I Think I'm Pregnant.

I looked at the test over and over hoping that the answer would change as I could feel the tears well up in my eyes. Melissa wrapped her arms around me as I laid my head on her shoulder. I began to sob quietly as I stared at the test again.

Positive.

That's what the test read and all I could do was cry as I felt weak and hopeless. The first time I ever had sex, I get pregnant. Well I guess it's my fault for not making sure we were using protection.

The bell rang for class making us both jump. "Melissa go to class, I'm going home."

"I'll go with you." she says.

"No I want to be alone and you shouldn't miss school." I say.

"You'll call me later?"

"Yeah." I cry.

"It's going to be okay Rachel, I'll be here for you if you need me." She says getting up.

I walk to my car and sit inside thinking about what I was going to do with a baby. I wasn't ready. I was only seventeen years old and I was pregnant with a guy that I didn't even have feelings for. I pull my shirt up and began to rub my belly.

I smiled down at it as I thought about the beautiful baby that was growing inside of me. Even though I was young and not ready, i couldn't help the excitement I felt as I thought about it. A baby.

I pulled out my phone to text Riley hoping that he would have the heart to text me back.

To Riley:

We need to talk!

I sat there for about ten minutes until he finally texted back.

From Riley:

What do you want?

I explained to him where i was and soon he was there knocking on the window. I unlocked the door and he got in as I started the car driving off.

The car ride was an uncomfortable silence and I drove faster as I felt like I was suffocating. Once we pulled up to my house, i noticed Noah's car wasn't there and sighed in relief.

We got up to my room as I shut the door behind us. "So what's this all about?" He asks sounding a bit irritated.

"I took the pregnancy test today and-"

"Wait you're pregnant?" He said piping up.

I could feel my eyes water again as I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. So i nodded my head as I put my head in my hands. "I don't know what I'm going to do." I cried.

I felt his arms wrap around me pulling me into his chest as I cried. The tears streamed down my face as I could no longer control it. He held me together as i laid my head against his chest as he held me.

-:-

I woke up and it was already six o'clock in the afternoon. Riley was laying next to me still sleep and as I got up, his eyes flew open. He smiled once he met my eyes and I tried to give him a smile back but I felt horrible still. "I'm going to make us some sandwiches." I say.

"Are you sure, you are the pregnant one. I could make them."

"it's okay, I'll do it." I say leaving out.

I start to make the sandwiches and I hear someone behind me. "Why is Riley in your bed and why did you skip school?" I heard Noah's voice say.

"I wasn't feeling good so I came home and Riley came too." I lie turning around to face him as his face saddens with concern.