Chapter 24. I Like You

I walked out the hospital room going down to the cafeteria for something to eat. I hadn't been home in almost two days since I had stayed here at the hospital with my mom. Noah was at home and I didn't want to be there with him so I just hung around the hospital. I even meet some new people, a really nice guy who got in a car accident and a woman with breast cancer. They are both doing very well by the way.

I was starting to get tired of this place but I didn't want to go back to school. My mom was going to make me go today but I talked her out of it. I hadn't been since we went on that vacation but they had sent me my work so it wasn't too bad. I sat in the cafeteria while I was looking around at the patients who seemed so happy even though they where in a hospital, mostly sick or in pain but that didn't bring them down. It was so welcoming and I loved it. I just wish I had someone to spend it with. I had no one to tell about the excitement of the new baby or nothing.

I had contacted Danny telling him all about it and he was happy for me. But things weren't going so good for him. The day he went to go tell his wife he still loved her, he caught her in bed with some guy. So he just left it alone and let her have the money she wanted then left her alone completely. I let him vent to me about it and tried my best way possible to help him and give advice. He said he was moving away and starting a whole new life which I found exciting. He said he would call me whenever he found out what he was going to do.

I looked down at my phone and turned it facing down so I wouldn't even attempt to do what I really felt like doing. But before I even realized it was back in my hand as my fingers dialed the number.It rung and the person answered on the second rang.

"Hello?" The person spoke in a confused voice as my breath got caught in my throat and I felt like I couldn't talk anymore. "Hello." They said again after the long pause.

"Riley?" I spoke in barely a whisper.

"Yes Rachel."

"Come to the hospital, my mom just had the baby." I said crossing my fingers hoping he would say yes.

"I can't Rachel, I'm about to go out with Melissa. But congratulations." He says and I feel like my heart stopped.

"That's okay, I guess I'll talk to you later then."

"Wait, why haven't you been to school?" He says before I can end the call.

"I-I haven't been feeling well." I lied.

"I can call Melissa and tell her to reschedule the date, i'll be there soon." He says and I almost leap out of my seat from excitement.

"Okay see you soon." I said then hung up as I danced all the way back up to my mom's room getting stares from a lot of people. But I didn't care I was so happy that he was coming. And he choose to cancel their date to come and be with me.

When I got into the room my mom was sleep in the bed with John next to her in the chair also sleep. The baby was in the little bed awake. She was making these cute little noises so I washed my hands picking her up. She smiled up at me like usual and continued with the little sounds. She was such a happy baby, it was adorable.

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door. I looked over to see Riley's head peeping through the door. He walked over to me looking at the baby. "Wow she looks like you. She's beautiful." He says and I get excited, in a way he called me beautiful.

"I know and see is such a sweet heart she is always smiling up at me." I say looking at Riley. He was standing so close to me, I could smell the Cologne he was wearing. It didn't have a regular type of smell but it smelled really good.

"Just think if you were actually pregnant." He says but he doesnt look at me, he continues to look at the baby.

"Riley I actually called you because I had to tell you something." I say as I gently place the baby down. I guesture him out of the room where we go sit in one of the waiting rooms where much people aren't in since it was really late. Riley sat in the seat next to the one beside me, not seating beside me which made me upset. "You know the day I came over and caught you and Melissa." I say. He doesn't say anything but just nods. I let out a puff of air, closing my eyes as I repeated in my mind that I could do it. "Well I lied when I said I didn't have to tell you anything. actually was something I had to tell you but when I saw you two kissing I was so shocked and upset-" I said with my eyes still closed, it was the only way I was going to be able to tell him.

"Upset. Why where you upset."

I opened my eyes to find him starring at me with curious eyes. He was leaned in closer to me and I realized I must of been whispering and not actually speaking. "Because I- I like you Riley." I say scooting over in the seat next to him. "I have for a while now but I kept trying to push the feelings away."

"Why?" He says and it shocks me.

" Well I guess because I never saw you as a boyfriend. I always seen you as just a brother, a close friend. Who was always supposed to be around and be there for me. But if we started dating, maybe it would of been great for a while then one day we could end badly and I will never talk to you again. And that's the last thing I want ever to happen. I want- I need you in my life Riley." It all comes out with so emotion and I can feel the tears coming from my eyes. "But these feelings they won't go away and I'm willing to try to be a couple only if we agree to always be best friends no matter what."

Before I know it he pulled me into his arms and held me as the tears continued to pour. I tried to stop but they wouldn't but Riley kept swiping them off my face. I gripped him just to make sure he wouldn't leave, I needed him now the most. He looked down at me and that's when I had the sudden urge to kiss him. So I did. I pressed my lips to his in a soft kiss and he kissed me back surprising. It felt like the kiss from the Romeo and Juliet play but better as this kiss wasn't based on some play and characters we were playing but real life. Riley and I had some deep feelings for each other and it all showed through this kiss, the way it felt and the way he held me.

A/N:

I know I'm super late but school started again and I have so many AP Advanced classes, it's ridiculous. But I'm about to start on the next chapter and I'm going to try to get back on schedule. Sorry but school comes first.

Please vote and comment. Do you want her and Riley to be together ?