Chapter Two

Well, today hadn't been the best. I got beat up, got a detention and basically had pointless lessons that I didn't even need to have.

Today was a brilliant day. Especially when I got home, my Father ignored me, as usual. I tried to speak with him, but of course, he shut me out. He's always focusing on his stupid business.

I can't remember the last time we actually had a proper 'conversation'. I tried to tell him about my detention but, nope, he didn't seem bothered.

What got me thinking was Astrid. I mean, I always thought about her but what she did today was kinda weird. It was like she wasn't herself. I had never seen her act like how she did before.

"Harry!"

Flynn waved his hand in front of my face, snapping me out of thoughts. "Uh, what?" I said.

"I asked you a question?" I leaned back in my seat, shrugging my shoulders. "I said, who were you thinking of?"

"I wasn't thinking of - "

Wait a minute. How did he know I was thinking of someone? No, he couldn't have known. I was panicking too much.

"No one," I answered. We were sat at the dining table, in my kitchen, doing some work. I stood up. "Want a drink?" I called as I entered the kitchen.

"Sure!" Flynn replied. "Water will do!"

I opened the fridge and grabbed two water bottles. After shutting the fridge door, I turned to see my Father standing behind me.

"Uh, hey Dad." He nodded. That was his way of greeting somebody. Not a very effective move. "So I'm just gonna - OK." I slipped past him, going back to the table and sitting down.

I slid the water bottle over to Flynn. He smiled, then frowned. He dropped his pen. "What's wrong?"

I choked on my water, coughing. "What?" I spluttered.

"You have something on your mind," Flynn said, "tell me."

Should I say or not? He wouldn't care if it was about Astrid. He knew I had liked her from the start. He nearly made me ask her out but I couldn't.

It wouldn't matter if I told him anyway, what could he do? Astrid obviously didn't like me and she never will. I'm just a scrawny little runt while Astrid is beautiful, on the inside and out. She has friends, I don't. Her family loves her, mine hates me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm only 5'7" while Astrid is 5'9". She's two inches taller than me. I wish I was taller. I was the same height as Scott.

Everyone hates me. Probably because of all the lies Scott told them.

"Nothing, Flynn. I'm just, tired."

Flynn knew I was lying, I could tell as he narrowed his eyes at me. "Yeah OK. Me too." He stood, shutting his book, placing it in his bag. "I'm gonna head home." Flynn patted my arm as he walked out.

As soon as the door shut, I ran to the stairs but was stopped by my Father. "Uh...Hi Dad. Can I just - I wanted to - "
I can't even speak to him. What is wrong with us?

"There's somebody waiting fer ye. In ye room." Who would that be? I have no friends. Except from Flynn of course but he just left.

My lips pursed. "Who is it?" I questioned.

"Better go find ou'." My Dad moved out the way so I could sprint past him.
I stumbled through my bedroom door, gasping. "H - Heather?! What are you doing here? I thought you moved!"

I went over to her immediately and hugged her. "How are you?" I asked. "It's good to see you!"

"You too Harry. My mother and I, we decided to move back to Berk. I love this place too much to leave it behind. I missed you!"

I wrapped her up in my arms. "Ditto." We laughed as I spun her around. Me and her were in a relationship last year but we decided to end it as we couldn't cope and we were more like brother's and sister's.

I punched her playfully. Heather elbowed me in the ribs. "Ow..." I wheezed. I did miss her, a lot. She always helped me when I got bullied.

She laughed, ruffling my hair. "I'll be at school tomorrow." Thank God, I thought, though it didn't help as I was only going to see her at our break and lunchtimes. That sucks.

Heather's phone vibrated. "Hey, I gotta go. Catch you at school, tomorrow?"

"Sure, yeah. See you later." She kissed my cheek lightly before dashing out the room. The kiss was just a friendly gesture, we did it all the time.

I sat on my bed. I just can't believe she's back. Flynn will be especially happy. He had a little 'crush' on Heather a few years back but I'm not sure if the feelings are still there.

I'll have to ask him tomorrow.

"Son?" I sat up as my Dad pushed my door aside. "Everything okay?"

"All good!" I reply. There was a moment of silence. "Did you - did you want something?"

"No, no, jus' checking up on ya. Dinner will be ready in a few minutes."

"OK." My Dad nodded, leaving my room awkwardly. That's how most of our conversations ended. I don't think it's right, but, oh well. I've tried to change.

I bit my lip as I started fidgeting with my fingers. I don't know why, but I have this weird feeling that something bad is about to happen. Not to me, somebody I know.

Who could it be? I had no clue.

Personally, I highly doubt my gut is right. I don't think it has ever been right.

But the feeling bugged me as I went down to eat my meal, then afterwards when I showered and got into my pyjamas.

As I lay in bed that night, the weird sensation got stronger. Being me, I decided to ignore it which probably wasn't my best idea yet.