5.

If anyone was to ask me how life at the institute was id probably say i didn't know because i mostly didn't. Ever since the arrival of Clary goddamn Fray i had spent as much time as possible away from the place.

On the horrible occasions where izzy dragged me back by the hair, literally, it was absolute hell. I avoided jace like the plague, camped out on a roof to avoid everyone and spent most of my time bonding with Alec.

You see Alec understood me, we both didn't like clary. She was new we didn't like new. I know i was being petty but hey how else was i suppose to react. This was my way of dealing with stress and i personally didn't care in the slightest if it was unhealthy. Or as the infamous king of all douchebags Jace Wayland would put in bratty.

Okay so in reality the second clary woke up from her nap we'd probably become the best of friends. Even so that day had arrived yet, clary had been asleep for 3 days.

So in the meantime i was going to remain grumpy and annoyed. Most of all i was going to take all of my angry out of her because i was still too annoyed to forgive jace from being a twat.

So here i sit on a rooftop with hot cocoa and blankets at 3am with Alec. Im not going to lie i knew why Alec was angry at clary. His reason was the complete opposite of mine. My hatred came from how much i hated jace while Alec was caused by his love for Jace.

"You still mad aren't you?" Alec suddenly says breaking the silence between us.

"No I'm just sitting on a roof in the middle of the night for the hell of it" I sass back at him.

"You wonder why you guys get into fights so often" He says laughing.

"Excuse me your suppose to be my emotional support" I exclaim.

"And what exactly are the rules of that" he asks.

"Simple rule number 1 i'm always right" I reply "thats it".

"Of course right yes jace is so stupid, boys am i right?" Alec replies.

"Oh shuddup" i say giving him a shove to the shoulder.

"Ahh anna you poor small innocent child" Alec says dramatically pulling me in to his chest.

"Your stupid" I say glaring up at him.

"No you are" He replies laughing.

"Exc-" I try to say.

"Shhh" he says covering my mouth with his hand. "Quiet young one"

I sigh it defeat knowing it was useless to fight against him. Alec may come off all hard and emotionless but in reality he's like the weird mix of annoying brother crossed with sassy gay friend.

Honestly as much as this life felt strange the people never did. They were my family and id never give them up.

▹▹▹

Me, Alec and Isabelle were sitting in the infirmary watching over clary. We were just having small talk lying around not really bothered to do much till izzy decided to speak up.

"I told you it was the same girl" Izzy says to Alec.

"I know. little thing, isn't she? Jace said she killed a ravener" Alec replies.

"Excuse me I'm little and i still kill demons stop being so judgemental" I exclaim.

"Yeah well your a shadowhuter she isn't" Alec says flashing me a grin.