7.

We ended up all sitting on the train in silence, jace's face still sporting a nice red mark. If I'm honest i found it quite amusing, he one hundred percent deserved it. The sound of giggling echoed through our carriage causing me to groan in annoyance. They were obviously checking out jace, like he needed a boost to his already too big ego.

Clary turned to face jace after clearly noticed the reason behind the girls incisive giggling.

"Can i help you with something?" Jace asked noticing her gaze.

"Those girl on the other side of the car are staring at you" She explained.

"Of course they are" Jace replied "I am stunningly attractive"

"You are not stunningly attractive you look like a foot" I told him.

"Excuse me you are that good looking either more like a toe nail" He argued back.

"Oh please as if" I say flipping my hair right into his face.

"Haven't you ever heard that modesty is an attractive trait?" Clary adds in.

"Only for ugly people," Jace explains.

"Well then you should probably start getting some" I say sarcastically.

"The meek may inherit the earth" Jace continues ignoring me. "But at the moment it belongs to the conceited. Like me." He says winking at the girl from before.

"What that load of nonsense means is he has an obnoxiously large ego and he's got to make up excuses for it" I explain.

"Oh please your find my cockiness attractive" Jace says to me grinning.

"Did i not just say you resemble a foot"

"Another excuse to cover up you undenying attraction for me"

"Don't make me shove this blade up your ass"

"Go ahead i dare you" He whispers this coming in real close to my face.

"Ughh-" I scream about ready to stab him.

Seeing the tension growing out of hand clary tries to control it by interrupting.

"How can they see you?" She ask causing jace to sit back up and get out of my face.

"Glamours are a pain to use. Sometimes we don't bother" He answers her.

"Jace likes the attention of random girls checking him out"

"Oh no sweetheart i enjoy your eyes on me a lot more" he adds in with a wink.

Before i have the chance to curse him into oblivion the train stops and he jumps out onto the platform. Goddamit why did i think this was a good idea.

▹▹▹

As we headed up a hill towards clary's apartment jace pulled out one of blade and started to flipping it around his fingers. If that wasn't enough he had also decided now was a brilliant time to hum.

"Do you have do that?" Clary asks "It's annoying"

Dam right its annoyed but jace just ignored her and hummed louder.

"Im sorry I'm smacked you" she said tried to get him to listen to her.

"Just be glad you hit me and not Alec. He would have hit you back" Jace says after he finally stopped humming.

"He seems itching for the chance" she says "what was it that Alec called you? Para-something"

"Parabatai," we answer simultaneously.