10.

I stormed out of the diner door slamming behind me. The loud crash earning me a few disproving looks as i hurried up the street. I should of known better. He was jace freaking wayland other people feelings didn't matter.

I was use to watching jace flirt shamelessly with anything and everything it was just how he was, but watching him with his hands all over that downworlder caused something inside of me to snap. Ugh i needed to calm down, Kaelie wasn't just some downworlder i'd known her for ages i was letting my jealousy get the best of me.

Wait jealousy? There was no way that was me being jealous, right? I have no idea and i don't even want to think about such things, god i need a drink. I finally lifted my eyes from the pavement taking in my surroundings. I quickly realised i was only a block or two away from the hunter's moon, a downworlder bar that i swear was never closed.

I look down for a second to make sure i had all my permeant runes covered up. I mostly got along with downworlders i didn't see them as inferior like most shadowhunters, though that didn't change the fact that some of them just didn't like us. I certainly didn't want any trouble so its best to hide any sign of my heritage.

I rounded a corner and the bar come into sight. The place wasn't extravagant even to those with the sight but the crowds hanging around didn't seem to mind that much, neither did i. I moved toward it slowly pushing the door open with my foot when i reached it. I spotted a stool near the end of the bar close to the door.

I moved across the room silently before ordering a drink and sliding on the stool. The bartender handed the glass to me and i place a pile of coins in his outstretched hand. He then shuffled away leaving me to wallow in my pity.

When i  finished my drink i felt a presence behind me and heard the loud creak as someone sat down on the stool beside me. I didn't lift my head for i already knew who it was.

"Luke garroway what a surprise to see you here" I say quietly though there was no doubt that he heard me.

"I live here so the surprise is all mine Annalina" He replies his deep voice sending chills down my spine.

"Don't call me that" i hiss back lifting my head up to look him in the eyes.

"Why are you here?" He asks completely ignoring my previous statement.

"Im having a drink obviously isn't that what your suppose to do at bars" I reply sarcastically "by all means correct me if I'm wrong"

"True but this isn't exactly the place for some like you" He replies cautiously.

"Someone like me? You can say the word it wont kill you" I say holding eye contact with every word.

He doesn't say reply only signals for the bartender. I take a better look at him as he comes closer notice the scars lining his face, werewolf i think automatically. I hold my glass tighter i knew Luke well but he was the alpha i couldn't entirely trust him not to order his guys on me.

"Another round pete" Luke says as he finally reaches our side of the bar.

"Encouraging underage drinking" I tease "Now that isn't very responsible is it".

"No such age requirement exists amongst nephilim" He says "Well that I'm aware of".

"No your quite right they don't seem to care much about trivial things like that"

"Anna i suggest you leave, not that i don't enjoy you wonderful company but the pack's coming back soon they wont take well to a nephilim drinking up all their alcohol" Luke explains finishing his drink.