9.

When i woke in the morning my head hurt badly. I let out a loud sigh rolling off the bed, it was time i stopped laying around like some kind of invalid. I'm hoping it will help me burn away the memories of last night, though that was unlikely. As i made my way out into the hall i heard the sound of heavy footsteps. Not long after Alec rounded the corner surprised to see me up and about.

"Anna there you are" he exclaims suprised.

"Yeah here i am" I reply awkwardly with a shrug.

"Jace called there at Taki's if you wanted to tag along" He explains.

"Did jace invite me?" I ask.

"Ahh no?" He replies confused.

"Figures" I mumble.

"Is there something i'm missing here" Alec says clearing having heard me.

"No no I'm not hungry i'll see you later" I reply and hurry off down the hall.

I admit it was expected that after last night jace was going to keep his distance. He had clary and her long list of problems to keep him throughly distracted till the awkwardness died down. I on the other hand had no such thing so i guess it was going to be another week or so of hiding away on the roof. If only i had the guts to ask all the questions flying around my mind because boy did i need some answers.

▹▹▹

JACE'S POINT OF VIEW

I put down my phone after Alec hung up. I knew clary's eyes were on me but i was elsewhere. Alec had mentioned inviting Anna and the sound of her name had sent my mind into overdrive. Though thankfully i highly doubted she'd come, she wasn't one to face her problems. She always played her awkwardness down with a half hearted shrug and horrible excuse. Though know such thing ever convinced me anna avoided her problems more than anyone i'd ever met.

"Jace!" Clary exclaimed causing me to come back from dreamworld and realise we had pulled up.

I elbowed clary out the door before scrambling out onto the pavement beside her. I stretched out wide annoyed by being cramped in that car for far too long.

"Welcome to the greatest restaurant in New York" I announce.

"It looks like a prison" Clary replies eyes narrowing in disapproval.

"But in prison could you order a spaghetti that makes you want to kiss your fingers? I don't think so" I argue back.

"I don't want spaghetti. I want to know what a Magnus bane is" she exclaims back at me.

"Its not a what. It's a who" i explain "its a name"

"Do you know who he is?"

"He's a warlock" I reply not really knowing much on the matter, downworlder knowledge was more down anna's alley.

"Is he a warlock you've heard of?" Clary demanded.

"The name does sound familiar-" i begin.

"Hey!" Alec calls out appearing in distance looking as if he had just rolled out of bed. "Izzy's on her way, she's bringing the mundane"

"Simon? Where did he come from?" I ask annoyed.

Alec explains how he showed up in the morning something about not being able to stay away from Isabelle. Then he suggests we head inside and i jump on the idea. It takes all my willpower to stop myself from asking about anna.