19.

"You two have being having a heart to heart, i suppose." I say. "All the deep dark secrets out in the open."

"You got my message then." Luke replied.

"Obviously." I fired back at him.

Clary stared wide eyed at both of us, mouth hanging open. She tried to finds the words to say but was clearly at loss. I wasn't surprised she always did seem a tad bit slow. "Wait, you and her." She fumbled out. "you know each other?"

"What? No" I replied. "Breaking into random werewolves houses is a favorite pastime of mine."

Unfortunately her response was interrupted by one of Luke's wolves carrying in a poor excuse for medical treatment. I mean sure it might cure your wounds, but it will also gift you with a friendly infection at the same time. The woman ordered Clary to sit down so she could attend to her wounds, she complied rather unwillingly.

"That's a good girl," The wolf-women said to her, whilst lifting a soaking cloth to her face. It at that moment that i suddenly took notice of the wounds she had there. "What happened to you?"

"I was wondering that myself," Luke says.

"Hugo attacked me." Clary explained trying to wince as her wounds were attended to.

"Hugo?" I exclaimed.

"Hodge's burd. I think it's his bird, anyway. Maybe it was Valentine's." Clary said, mostly directing her explanation towards Luke.

"I don't care who owns the thing." I replied. "You are going to tell me what the hell happened while i was gone."

I strode across the room pushing the wolves hand away from Clary's face. "Hodge is a pain in my ass at the best of times," I huffed. "But he wouldn't set his bird after you with a good reason. Jace wouldn't have let you get hurt, so tell me what the hell happened?"

Clary gulped, going ghostly pale. "We found the cup. Hodge stole it, turns out he was working for Valentine." She explained gently, afraid i'd tear her apart out of spite. "Hodge knocked Jace out and handed him over to Valentine."

"And where exactly did he take him?" I spat at her.

"Back through the portal he used to get into the institute." She said avoiding my eyes.

I growled in frustration, i'd been gone what two minutes and they'd already gotten themselves into this mess. I wasn't going to lie part of me wanted to leave Jace were he was, perhaps he deserved whatever Valentine had in store for him. Though i knew better we'd have to save his ass because it was the right to do.

"You going to help me save him, right?" Clary asked carefully.

"You've got no hope without me." I pointed out. "So do i really have a choice."

She assumed that meant i agreed. "Doesn't Valentine have some kind of hideout? A secret lair? Somewhere he could taken Jace."

"Not that we know of." I explained. "Though since its called a secret lair, even if he did we wouldn't know about it."

"Wait a second." Clary exclaimed after taking a moment to think.