16.

The wolves crouched down low and snarled, staring straight at the vampires. Most of the vampires backed away, except Raphael who stood his ground holding his wounded arm tightly.

"Los Niños de la Luna," He hissed, it wasn't hard to figure out what he was saying. The Moon's Children—werewolves.

"I thought they hated eachother," Clary whispered to jace. "Vampires and werewolves."

"They do. They never come to each other's lairs. Never. The Convenant forbids it." He explains. "Something must have happened. This is bad. Very bad."

"Thankfully it's not really our problem." I mused.

"I wouldn't be so sure." Jace replied. "We're about to be in the middle of a war."

"HOW DARE YOU ENTER OUR PLACE?" Raphael screamed.

The largest if the wolves stepped forward. As he moved her shifted like a crashing wave, now a tall heavily muscled man stood where the wolf had been only moments before. I gave him a once over and had to stop the look of recognition from crossing my face.

"We didn't come for a blooding," The man said. "We came for the girl."

Raphael look furious and astounded all at once. "Who?"

"The human girl." The werewolf flung out a stiff arm to point towards Clary.

Clary went dead still, as did simon who previously had been squirming in her grasp. "You didn't tell me you knew any werewolves." Jace muttered.

"I don't," She replied.

Perhaps Clary Fray didn't know any werewolves, but i did. If we made out of this alive i was going to have more than a few words with Luke Garroway that was for sure. Though for now i was keeping my mouth shut, i knew mentioning my downworlder connections only made matters worse where jace was concerned. He believed associating with downworlders for anything that didn't involve violence was the most degrading thing a Shadowhunter could do.

"This is bad," Jace announced.

"Really? I hadn't noticed." I replied voice dripping in sarcasm.

Every face in the room was turned to look towards Clary. Raphael narrowed his eyes before turning back around to face the werewolf. "You can't have her," He says. "She trespassed on our ground; therefore she's ours."

The werewolf laughed in his face. "I'm glad you said that," He then launched himself forward shifting back within a blink of an eye mid-air. He struck Raphael straight in the chest and as the two fell backwards the two sides went at it.

Jace whistled. "Raphael is really having an exceptionally bad night."

"Well i think its about time we leave, any ideas?" I asked Jace.

He glanced around, we were pinned in a corner by the war of the supernatural in front of us. They were currently distracted but that wouldn't last long they needed to move, now.

Suddently Simon squirmed free of Clary's grasp, again. "Simon!" She screamed after him. "Simon, stop!"

Jace raised his eyebrows at the dilemma. "What is he—" He grabbed her arm to stop her running off. "Clary, don't chase the rat. He's fleeing. Thats what rats do."

Clary shot him a dark look. "He's not a rat. He's Simon. And he bit Raphael for you, you ungrateful cretin." She yanked her arm free and dashed off in the direction simon ran.

"Did she just call you a cretin?" I ask in disbelief.

"I think she did." Jace replied.

"This day just gets better and better." I laugh as we follow after Clary.