epilogue.

It had only been days since we faced valentine but my mind has hardly thought about it. The whole thing felt like a distant dream rather than a reality. I haven't spent much time in the institute since we'd returned that night. I could make up all the excuses i wanted to but really i was just avoiding him.

Clary hadn't been around at all apparently too busy spending every waking moment with her mother. That meant he was free to do whatever he pleased with his time and i wasn't going to run the risk of that including spending time in the institute.

So what exactly was i doing with all my spare time away from home? Hunting what else. After what had happened over the last few weeks, the way my life had flipped completely upside down, the idea of blood and guts was oddly comforting.

Though it seemed the monsters of New York were keeping a low profile as of late. Though after a few days of tracking i'd managed to catch the trail of something killing mundanes down in lower manhattan. Unfortunately like most supernatural killers it didn't choose the most luxurious hideouts hence why i was currently knee deep in sewer water.

I waded through slowly as to be a silent as possible. Up ahead the water drained out through a massive grate in the ground. As i neared it i leaped over silently landing effortlessly before breaking into a sprint across the slippery concrete floor.

A unusual scent hung heavy in the air as i drew closer to the edge of the tunnel where in dropped off into a pit. If it hadn't been for the years of blood and murder i wouldn't have been able to recognise it, but now the smell of rotting flesh was a familiar as my own perfume.

I stopped short at the drop off where several other tunnels opened up. The floor was stained red by an assortment of littered body parts. This had to be the thing's nest. From the stains at the entrances of some of the lower tunnels i assume the thing obviously entered from below.

Judging from the state of the corpses it was in a desperate need of new food supply which meant it would be back soon. I decided to wait, sadly this gave me alot of time to think over the things i'd been trying to push from my mind these last couple of days.

Jace, goddam Jace Wayland. Even when he was miles away from me i still couldn't tear the thought of him from my head. So much has happened between the two of us without enough time to think it all through. Weeks ago i would of sworn on my life that we wouldn't of ended up where we were now.

I think a part of me always knew that just beneath the surface i felt something more for him, but ignoring it had always been easier. Though it was bit hard to ignore those feelings when he was kissing me like his life depended on it.

I honestly hadn't had a single moment to think all through before he disappeared. Then came the bombshell of a lifetime, his father being the man who'd killed my parents. I know i had no right to hold that against him, but the way he accepted Valentine lies so easily bothered me in a way i couldn't explain.

I knew i had to talk to him eventually, but right now i just couldn't. Our lives were only going to crazier from here, i needed time to think it all over. First Clary had burst into our lives, then Jace tears down any chance we ever had of pretending were just friends and Valentine rises from the dead. It was all enough to make my head spin.

Finally a echo rings out from the tunnel just beneath me. I slide a silver dagger out from within my pocket. Taking a deep breath i let my troubles flow away, the killing calm takes hold. Soon my world was going to change forever but right now i was going to be exactly who i was born to be, a shadowhunter.

▹▹▹

A/n: I know probably the worst epilogue in all of existence. Though really what can you expect from this trash hole of a story. Though i'm seriously ready for the next book. Which since i don't have to go to school tomorrow will probably go up soon. When it goes up i will post on here to tell you all about.

I can't thankyou all enough for reading and enjoying this story your all amazing. 

GOODBYE HOPEFULLY I SHALL SEE YOU AGAIN FOR THE NEXT BOOK